NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Pike-a-thon Weigh-in Thread - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-13-2013, 07:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Pike-a-thon Weigh-in Thread

Nice fish, you didn't follow the contest guidelines though, lol.............

Went out for a bit after work today, water is still running high and muddy. Did have a nice lookin beast come at my lure and take a swipe but he missed and never returned. Had to leave soon after.............BIG game tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by NorthJerzyG; 05-13-2013 at 07:24 PM..
Old 05-13-2013, 09:07 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Hit the river today today and lost 3! . Nice to see there starting to hit again after a long drought. I definitely figured the pattern out today which is always something I find to be a huge win in my book. I probably should keep a log book but I don't have the patience for that. Ill be getting my entry in hopefully Thursday after work to break this curse I have all of a sudden.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:43 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1
3. Need to have a pic with verifiable face shot with pike and weight shot <or> a pic with face and pike along with another pic of pike and weight (2 pics).
the faceshot isn't reasonble to expect from kayak fishermen wrestling with a large pike... not everybody has a gopro mounted to their kayak.

as long as the picture includes something that identifies it as yours and not some pic off the internet (your arm with your tattoo/scars/watch on it, the fish is sitting on your legs on your lap in your boat, etc) it's fine. this is a little 15 man thing where we all have met each other, not some big open tournament with 1000 people competing. if we suspect anyone of cheating, we'll just keel haul them at the next M&G
Old 05-14-2013, 11:52 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Too bad i forgot my scale yesterday.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:07 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by acabtp
the faceshot isn't reasonble to expect from kayak fishermen wrestling with a large pike... not everybody has a gopro mounted to their kayak.

as long as the picture includes something that identifies it as yours and not some pic off the internet (your arm with your tattoo/scars/watch on it, the fish is sitting on your legs on your lap in your boat, etc) it's fine. this is a little 15 man thing where we all have met each other, not some big open tournament with 1000 people competing. if we suspect anyone of cheating, we'll just keel haul them at the next M&G
I just assumed verifiable face shot meant something recognizable on the person such as a face, a tattoo, scar on arm, bow of kayak of the angler that has something uniquely identifiable, etc....
Old 05-14-2013, 06:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Pike-a-thon Weigh-in Thread

Come on guys, make it happen. I phone cameras and all smart phones have a timer. If that doesn't work for you then use a digital or buddy up and fish with a friend. The river was still up to the bottom of the bridges yesterday where I fish. Where the PIKE GUYS AT???
Old 05-14-2013, 06:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29
Come on guys, make it happen. I phone cameras and all smart phones have a timer. If that doesn't work for you then use a digital or buddy up and fish with a friend. The river was still up to the bottom of the bridges yesterday where I fish. Where the PIKE GUYS AT???
Well, I got out the other for a little fishing around 2 bridges on Sunday and I caught a Pike that would of definitley won for the smallest and lightest pike my lure was actually almost twice as big as the pike that I caught it on...
Old 05-14-2013, 07:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hahahaha, LOL!!!!! I'll send you a coupon for a free hamburger at Wendy's for the smallest PIKE!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I'll be out again next week. Hopefully I'll get a better fish and photo.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Im personally still reeling from our NJfishing Pike gathering a few weeks ago
I can not believe I did not a catch a Pike in the Garfield area.. that was the first time that I have ever been skunked going for Pike in that area.... I am so glad that no one else caught a Pike because I don't think I my ego could have handled getting skunked but since no one else caught one I knew it wasn't me sucking as an angler