NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

New to Jersey - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-19-2019, 08:56 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: New to Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.latham11 View Post
Thanks for all the help guys! I have heard and done some research on most of the places you guys are talking about and from what it looks like, those rivers are fished pretty heavily. I will be giving a few of those other lakes you guys mentioned a try as well, they're all pretty close to me.

I went out to RV on friday 2/15 and the weather was perfect (60 degrees around 1). I saw a lot of bank fisherman later on in the afternoon and only saw 1 other boat, he was leaving as i was getting on the water around 930-10. Got skunked again but this was only my second time there and the water is still pretty cold (surface temp was 34 degrees). I was fishing a few different colored wooly's and leech patterns in about 20-35' of water. I'm thinking of investing in a small trolling motor for the pontoon so I can start hitting some spots on the opposite end of the lake? Either way,hopefully my persistence will pay off soon haha! Once again thanks for all the advice guys, I'll definitely be giving a couple of those flies/other lakes a go.
Round Valley is not a lake you want to be on with only a trolling motor for power. The lake can get very rough when the wind or a storm kicks up. There has been many deaths associated with storms over the years. RV is a great place to fish but be careful out there.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:27 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: New to Jersey

Any lake is dangerous when the wind picks up. I can't strap a 9.whatever horsepower motor to my single-man pontoon boat that's insane. If people are out there in kayaks with no motor, I should be fine with the trolling motor. I know better than to be out there fishing in heavy wind conditions on an inflatable. I don't know if you've ever tried to row around a lake when the wind kicks up, but it's a pain in the a** with even a mild breeze. I hear where you're coming from though and I appreciate the safety lookout.