NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Glen Brook or wallkill in Sparta (or near) - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-24-2018, 01:32 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Glen Brook or wallkill in Sparta (or near)

Hey Everyone.. moved to Sparta recently
Wondering if any of you have ever fished the glen brook or wallkill part of the river near station park in Sparta?

Drove by after checking out on google maps other day and looks decent.
Going to try it this weekend weather permitting of course (doesnt look great)

Wondering if anyone fished here before and if anythings been caught or seen
appreciate any info
Thanks and tight lines
Old 10-24-2018, 06:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Glen Brook or wallkill in Sparta (or near)

Great water but tricky to access with most stretches being on private property. Be careful where you walk! You have some other big rivers close by as well. Good luck and let us know how you do.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Glen Brook or wallkill in Sparta (or near)

Sparta Glen brook is home to some decent wild trout. There was a fairly big stream restoration project there a couple of years ago and the results have been good. Good luck!
Old 10-25-2018, 08:31 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
Great water but tricky to access with most stretches being on private property. Be careful where you walk! You have some other big rivers close by as well. Good luck and let us know how you do.
Fasteddie29

Which rivers do you prefer up around this area? Still trying to learn my surroundings up here... Been just driving and following little blue lines on my google maps looking for rivers and streams up by me. There are def quite a few. Any better suggestions for me? I am right up the block of Lake Saginaw in Sparta
Thanks again!
Old 10-25-2018, 08:32 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B. View Post
Sparta Glen brook is home to some decent wild trout. There was a fairly big stream restoration project there a couple of years ago and the results have been good. Good luck!
I was reading this last night about that... going to give it a shot this weekend. Its only about 5 min drive from my house
Will keep you posted
Old 10-25-2018, 09:29 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I recently moved to Sparta too. I was thinking of checking out the Paulinskill, maybe this weekend. I noticed a few potenital access spots for it while biking on the rail trails in the area. I did see a guy fishing in Spart Glen a few weeks ago. Didn't realize there were fish there.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:15 PM
NJFishing.com Member

So got out early sunday morning for a while. Checked out my new local area. Went to sparta glen brook and different sections of the wallkill around my area. Didnt catch anything and didnt see anybody else out either. Wonder with the storm friday/saturday if it hurt fishing sunday (still learning this brook/creek/river fishing)
Did have what i believe was a wild small trout of some kind follow my lure a bunch of times and even bump it but didnt want to take it. It was cool enough seeing the fish through such clear water.
Good first learning experience and cant wait to get back out next weekend to try some things different.