NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2016-2017 nhl season..... - Page 17 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:09 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2016-2017 nhl season.....

Holy Crap...3 in a row which should've been wins ... 6 pts down the drain!! AV keeps insisting the system works with a little tweaking!! Sorry, but it's NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WORKING!! It's a total TEAM COLLAPSE!! Mistake after Mistake!! There's ZERO defense, which this system is all about.. and there's been so little offense coming from all the D-men this year... Klein was on a roll last year scoring .. NOW ZIP!! AV won't admit Lundqvist is in a tailspin and really needs to be sent to Hartford to maybe get his game back with no pressure. Screw his ego, we're going to miss the playoffs cause nothing is working...The way Helberg played the 3rd period, he should've been put in after Lundqvist let the first 3 goals in. I know Zuc has set up goals every game but he can't score for anything right now. You know something is very wrong.... If something drastic doesn't happen REAL SOON, AV will be on the same bus out of the city with Capuano
Old 01-18-2017, 08:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

i still say its a locker room thing.there is some bad blood for sure.i don't mind losing as it is a part of the game but to see these break downs there is something really wrong.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Ok so I know the B's are no great shakes this season. Win one lose one win one lose one. Etc etc. Hovering around .500 so far all year.

BUT. They haven't let up a touchdown AND an extra point all year.

........and for those that can't figure it out.......that's 7......

Yeah... They'd be doing Great in Atlantic City!!!
Old 01-18-2017, 08:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Split and Bunker Dunker,

They have medication for that mid-season Blueshirts depression. Obviously Henri has lost his confidence but even Carey Price isn't putting up "Price-like" numbers this year. They lost 1-0 Mon in Detroit; this rookie is now 5-1-1. Habs running into tough teams lately: Caps, Wild and Pens tonight.

Did you guys watch that 8-7 OT Caps-Pens game? Wow!

Raanta looked good in 1st period against Montreal. He'll be back in a week.
Geez, you could be a NY Islanders fan...
Old 01-19-2017, 08:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

This was a bad time for Raanta to get hurt... hoping he comes back SOON and 100% ready to go!! We were so used to Hank bailing out the Rangers all these years when the team was only playing mediocre .... now that he's finally going through a funk period, the defense or lack of it, has failed to pick up the slack and goals going in left and right from a lot of guys that hardly ever score. It's time for the coaches to earn their money

Defense was the backbone of the Rangers and needs an overhaul real fast to get back in the Win column

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
Old 01-19-2017, 11:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

still thinks its something on the inside. i agree its tuff being a ranger fan but have done it since 1960{LOL}.just the up and down play and lack of emotion that
seems to surround them this year.sometimes when they show the bench it looks more like a wake then a hockey game.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Wow, you guys are hardcore, I thought I was bad. Wouldn't jump ship just yet, better to be slumping now than in March and April. Hank on the other hand is a concern for sure. I really didn't expect a Defense this year, we stayed old and let our best puck mover go. The young gun offense carried us from the start and once we have everyone back from injuries it will all go back to offense. May have to score 8 to win lol.
Relax lots of hockey to go although the metropolitan is the best division in hockey now so we do need to keep pace.
LGR
Old 01-20-2017, 08:04 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hahaha.. you're so right Dales... I've been too quick to criticize only cause it seems the same scenario each year.... they start off good and then go into the mid-season doldrums and have to play catch up the whole second half...

Last night felt good again seeing Hank making key saves and Girardi really playing well on D Need to keep it going with all wins before All Star Break and we'll be right up in the running again. Injuries been hurting for sure breaking up the lines every week... you can see how much better they've been, getting Nash, Z and Buch back . WE CAN DO IT!!!

Old 01-20-2017, 12:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

i get it Dales and have for a while but lets get one thing straight,there is never enough hockey!!!{lol}.what being a ranger fan if ya get melt down once in a while.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Sorry to invade this boring Blueshirts blog...

Throughly enjoyed this easy road victory of the Devils tonight 3-1, allowing a Devils low SOG this year. Al Montoya with his fourth straight victory, Galchenyuk and Radulov each with a three point night, and Max Pat with his team leading 21st of the year. GO HABS GO!!