NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

What was the funniest thing you have seen on a party boat? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:20 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default What was the funniest thing you have seen on a party boat?

Mine has to have been this lady got on for a fluke trip,(you know the kind loud talking and telling you how great her fishing skills are) so we start to make are way to the hook,and she is telling everyone that will listen how her son just bought her this 300 dollar fluke rod and how great it is.I am standing there watching as we start the first drift ,she puts a buck tail on let's about 4 ft of line out closed the bail and then attempted to cast. The rod went flying about 15 feet made a beeline right to the fluke gods and I had to go to the wheel house cause I could not stop laughing at her. Upon my return to deck my Only comment was (it's mighty quiet back here!) and. The rest of us just started to lose it you fellas got any stories ?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: What was the funniest thing you have seen on a party boat?

I've seen a lot of Googans just like you mention but nothing like that. I usually end up insulting somebody and come close to delivering or (usually) getting a punch in the nose.

I once ripped 5 iron workers from Staten Island new ones in the middle of the night. They were rip roaring drunk on Mescal and were keeping me awake. We were the only ones awake and I could have easily spent the night (and a whole lot longer) with Davey Jones.

They thought I was a complete lunatic (or just some A Hole). A bit of both for that maneuver.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cav
I've seen a lot of Googans just like you mention but nothing like that. I usually end up insulting somebody and come close to delivering or (usually) getting a punch in the nose.

I once ripped 5 iron workers from Staten Island new ones in the middle of the night. They were rip roaring drunk on Mescal and were keeping me awake. We were the only ones awake and I could have easily spent the night (and a whole lot longer) with Davey Jones.

They thought I was a complete lunatic (or just some A Hole). A bit of both for that maneuver.
I think its the Hat

I marched 3/21/2012
No Facebook No Twitter No Text
Old 05-02-2012, 06:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

My friend eating a salad on a boat when he decided the day before to go on a diet. Can't say I've ever seen anyone eating a salad on a boat ever.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Not exactly funny, but...

When I use to work deck on party boat bluefish trips, we caught a blue marlin one day on an AVA jig. Freak, once in a lifetime thing.

Word gets out and the next day two guys show up in the morning and they ask us if we have a fighting chair on the boat in case they hook up a blue marlin. At first I naturally assumed they were joking, but they weren't.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Banned

i was on the golden eagle on a full moon bluefishing, and a black guy pulled his pants down and asked if we ever saw the dark side of the moon.we were roflao
Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

On a thanksgiving open boat blackfish tripthere was a guy with his new rod,new white grundens, the whole nine.This guy would not shut up,he was the best at everything.He even said fred gamboa wont shark fish unless this guy is working the reel"he is that good a fisherman"Capt sets anchor ,says drop em' this guy sets the hook for the first time and his new rod explodes.Took everything in my power not to laugh out loud.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosStarter
My friend eating a salad on a boat when he decided the day before to go on a diet. Can't say I've ever seen anyone eating a salad on a boat ever.

I Was on that trip
Old 05-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Site Sponsor

About 20 years ago I worked on the big Mohawk III. It was a nasty weekend and we were 3/4 day bluefishing something we didnt normaly do but that summer we did. It was blowing out of the NE seas were building 6-8 with some 10's. We had prob 70 people on the boat. 25% were sick before we got to the grounds. another 25% after we started chumming. Most of the fleet wanted to go in early. But they didnt want the almighty donuts. We had gotten atleast one fish. It was about 11am and i got the idea to walk around eating a nasty cheese steak. the smell of that got most of the remaining people sick and b4 you knew it 3 horns blew. Didnt make much money that day but funny memories .
732-496-5028
www.parkerpetefishing.com
Old 05-02-2012, 08:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I was on a AH Party boat striper trip a few years ago. As we were getting ready to leave the dock, a young couple jumped on at the last second. The guy was obviously out of it and was quickly asleep in the cabin. The young lady worked her way around the boat chatting up every one. She made it clear that she was a exotic dancer and had just met the guy she was with a few hours ago. She worked the boat throughout the day, pole dancing in the cabin, stripping in the stern, stripping in the bow, and she was tipped well.
It was a real stripper trip and I caught some stripers too.