NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

side imaging tranducer mount - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 12-14-2017, 05:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default side imaging tranducer mount

guys, I am pondering getting a side imaging unit. I have a 16 ft vhull with a 9.9. the outboard may block one side as I don't thin I have enough clearance. if I trim it up no proble but sometimes I leave it down on windy days to act as a rudder. question for you guys. if one side was blocker would it still be able to read the clear side? say I mount it on the starboard side, it would read everything off the starboard bow even though the outboard blocks the beam on the port side????? trying to figure out solutions. I gotta go check the boat clearance again but just curious. thanks chris
Old 02-06-2018, 07:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: side imaging tranducer mount

Those units require a TM transducer to read both P & S sides unless you install twin thru hull transducers. I have a Garmin 94SV on my Parker - works great.

I never checked, but if you have a flat keel, you may get away with a single TH transducer.