NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Bad News For Sea Bass - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:48 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Bad News For Sea Bass

if anything jersey will be cut from 25 to 15 so the limits are the same throughout the north east idk why you guys are complaining in a few weeks practically all the nj party boats will be half day so i think you should just deal
Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Most likely the size limit and bag limits will remain the same and the season will be shortened. Cutting the bag limit from 25 to 15 does little to get us extra fishing days. The reason for that is because fishermen usuually do not keep more than 15 in a day anyhow.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:02 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

well jersey should of got on the band wagon with the rest of the states that have the fifteen bag limit
Old 03-29-2012, 02:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbank104
well jersey should of got on the band wagon with the rest of the states that have the fifteen bag limit
Give something up volintarily ? Not likely . Do you work for PEW ?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Are you for real?????

"For the rich there is therapy for the rest of us there is fishing"

"A bad day of fishing turns into a good day of drinking" ����
Old 03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

no I'm for fake obviously I'm for real idk why you think thats such a bad thing you can cross all state waters freely to fish and you'd have a uniform season and considering the jersey boats cater to tourists i don't think you'll be limiting out on any sudo half day trips
Old 03-29-2012, 04:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
no I'm for fake obviously I'm for real idk why you think thats such a bad thing you can cross all state waters freely to fish and you'd have a uniform season and considering the jersey boats cater to tourists i don't think you'll be limiting out on any sudo half day trips
I'm assuming you don't fish much and don't really care. Why would you give up 10 fish???? To be uniform? Why would you want to follow what others are doing? What is next? Let's change the Fluke to 21 inches like NY??

"For the rich there is therapy for the rest of us there is fishing"

"A bad day of fishing turns into a good day of drinking" ����
Old 03-29-2012, 04:09 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

why would i give up ten fish because 25 fish is overkill and with 15 you can cross state lines and when you guys attempt to go off shore sea bass you wind up with off shore porgies that you end up filleting in your basement and funny how you make the assumption i don't fish much because i want to be a conservationist but when i do i am willing to to travel outside of jersey i follow where the fish i don't bend over backwards for captains
Old 03-29-2012, 04:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
why would i give up ten fish because 25 fish is overkill and with 15 you can cross state lines and when you guys attempt to go off shore sea bass you wind up with off shore porgies that you end up filleting in your basement and funny how you make the assumption i don't fish much because i want to be a conservationist but when i do i am willing to to travel outside of jersey i follow where the fish i don't bend over backwards for captains
How is 25 fish overkill ? If I'm lucky I get one Offshore shot a year at them and I haven't limited yet . 10 to 20 2 to 5 lb knuckleheads feeds my family for a season. As far as Porgies are concerned I release them as I don't like to eat them . Don't assume anything pertaining to taking fish illegally with your "you end up filleting in your basement Bu!! Sh+!. Since when does being a conservationist and following fish outside of state lines have anything to do with each other . Sounds like you want to follow them until they are extinct . You don't bend over backwards for Captains but you expect them to bend over for you ?
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2012, 04:44 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

haha my bull ok chief I'm pretty sure that off shore sea bass trip was all porgies and if you have trouble limiting out on sea bass why would u care if they drop it ten stop using rubber hooks and as for captains bending over for me i expect it I'm a paying customer and if they want my business they better work hard for it and i go where the fish are doesn't mean i want them extinct so why don't you stay in jersey with tourists and ill go fishing ps we had this convo once before while fishing

Last edited by Life's A Beach; 03-30-2012 at 05:26 PM..