NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Second Chance - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-11-2012, 08:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Second Chance

Hit the Pohat for a couple hours today. Gin clear water and a beautiful day. But what made it great for me is after hooking this big rainbow on a egg and playing him for a minute or two ( I had got phone out to get some pics of bringing him in) he broke off. I went around to the other side of the hole and took a couple cast with a gulp minnow because I knew there was a least one other fish in the hole, but not anything pushing 20 inches like this one. Well low and behold I hooked up again and it was the same fish and there was my first hook in his lip and inch or so behind the 2 inch gulp minnow and my second hook. How many times do you get a second chance at a fish like that so I give him a second chance to, took both hooks out and let him swim away, never took him out of the water. I'll see if I can't get him on a couple more times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121111_150508_108.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	54879  

Last edited by flatcreek; 11-11-2012 at 08:36 PM..
Old 11-12-2012, 06:59 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Second Chance

Thats a good story. Silly trout must have been real hungry to hit your bait 2 times. Good catch!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Second Chance

Nice job on the catch catch release release !!!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 PM
The Kayak Fishing Store

Default Re: Second Chance

You'd think it wouldn't happen but it does. One day I was coming up on a sunken island with my kayak dragging a slammer worm rigged Texas. I got a hookup and a nice pickerel came to the surface and jumped. My line was tied direct and it broke off. So I put on some tieable wire and used my GPS to exactly retrace my track. I got another hit and when I landed the pickerel there was my Texposer hook in it. It was nice to get the same fish so I could alleviate it of the second hook.