NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Pike-a-thon 2014, june 28-29 - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:13 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Pike-a-thon 2014, june 28-29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcritch View Post
Gonna miss it this year...but can out of state fish count??? Gonna be in Alaska that week and pike are on the list...woooohoooo as our friend Eddie would say.

Have a great time fellas and I'll catch you next time. I'm over due for an NJF MnG for sure.

Good luck to every one!
Good luck up there Ken!!! Can't wait til the day I take my dream trip up there. Bring me back a 50lb Halibut fillet if it's not too much to ask, LOL!
Old 06-11-2014, 03:37 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Pike-a-thon 2014, june 28-29

Anyone got a spare yak i can't afford one right now and am dying to land my first pike over 20" !!!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Very cool!!! With July around the corner il be staring up some freshwater trips again! Good luck guys!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:02 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

All this rain needs to stop! Paddled Two Bridges the other day, water was very stained!

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 06-12-2014, 02:18 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

My son ( who is dieing to catch his first pike) and I would join in but we've had no luck on the passaic at multiple locations that i scouted out besides 2 bridges and dundee ( even one we go a tip on, thanks again for the PM's). If you consider opening it up to all the passiac we may join in.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Rod View Post
My son ( who is dieing to catch his first pike) and I would join in but we've had no luck on the passaic at multiple locations that i scouted out besides 2 bridges and dundee ( even one we go a tip on, thanks again for the PM's). If you consider opening it up to all the passiac we may join in.
I have landed more Pike in these two areas than anywhere else on the river. MANY multi-Pike days. Both spots pretty much get more Pike than any other spot. Stick with it. The Pike bite is VERY depending on water level and moon phase on the Passaic...

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

As a guy who rarely fishes up there is there a way to get a close address or gps location of where we all plan on meeting up?
Old 06-13-2014, 08:45 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Pike-a-thon 2014, june 28-29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo Larry View Post
As a guy who rarely fishes up there is there a way to get a close address or gps location of where we all plan on meeting up?
The Dundee lake launch is right across the street from Elmwood Park high school. Very easy to get to, same spot as last year. Google Two Bridges Passaic. River and you'll find the launch area easily.

Can someone else possibly clarify the launch locations for days 1,2. I want it to be as easy as possible for anglers to come join the fun without getting lost.

Let's go gang. Looking for more angler participation! Who's in? Who wants the CASH??? YEA BUDDY!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 12:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Saturday Two Bridges Pike-O-Thon

To best accommodate a group of anglers, the main check in will be at Aquaduct Park located at the north side of Booton Avenue (Rt 202) in Lincoln Park on the Pompton River. The Aquaduct Park access has a good ramp that can handle small trailered boats and anything you could row or paddle and ample parking. It’s a little over a mile up river from the Two Bridges Area and all the water in between is prime pike habitat. After checking in, anglers have the option of launching right there or they can leave and launch at other near by locations. Below is my sad attempt at mapping. With some descriptions

The Two Bridges Road Access is a gravel lot located at the confluence of the Pompton and Passaic Rivers. You can park and unload right there and drop a yak/canoe down the bank on the Pompton River side. The bank is steep there so it could be bitch pulling your boat back up the hill. It’s a decent drop in point with safe parking.

Fairfield Emergency Boat Ramp located at the end of Camp Lane. This ramp is supposed to be used for emergency purposes only, but it’s a great launch that gets you up the Passaic River. Fisherman have had success not being hassled and also “run ins” with the law here. Launch/Park at your own risk and roll the dice hoping you don’t get ticketed or towed.

Rt. 80 Overpass. You have to park on the side of the road and throw your boat over a guard rail into the river. Park your car on the side of the road. Limited parking.

Suchorsky Park in Little Falls. Located off Island Road and Parkway . Its down river and gives you access from the top of the Little Falls all the way up to the Two Bridges Area. Paddle up river for stunning views of the Willowbrook Mall shopping center. The launch is a little beat up for a trailer but good for yaks and other car toppers. It’s a great “take out” area for anyone who can leave a car down river. Its about 5 miles downriver from Aquduct Park.

Eddie is looking to have contestants checked in by 8AM! Please be sure to check in early so FE can get on the water and not hang around waiting for stragglers.

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216

Last edited by ScowardNJ; 06-16-2014 at 10:39 AM..
Old 06-13-2014, 01:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScowardNJ View Post
.....for stunning views of the Willowbrook Mall shopping center.
That's funny...great job on the map dude. Nicely Done.