NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

9th Annual RFA Flukathon Sat June 17th Official Sign Up - Page 6 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:37 PM
PUOSU VIII Champ

Default Re: 9th Annual RFA Flukathon Sat June 17th Official Sign Up

Paid on line - joe the plumber!
Old 05-21-2017, 08:51 AM
dakota560

Dales sign me up for two spots, might be a third will let you know by Tuesday. Not 100% certain I can make it but will pay you for two spots regardless.

As for everyone's frustration about the regulations, I share those frustration. Personally I feel like NJMFC caved on us but I also realize there's a lot at stake here. Most of us enjoy the benefits of the fishery recreationally, much different situation then if your livelihood depended on it and you had a six or seven figure mortgage on a boat and your earnings depended on this fishery to stay in business. Most here have jobs we wouldn't risk over 2 more fish at 18" and maybe 20 or 25 more days in the season. If we did, our view about the outcome of all this might be slightly altered. Washington knows that and has us by the short hairs in other words. It's not a good situation we find ourselves in but it is the situation nonetheless.

The only way we win this is through the courts, I agree with Dale in that respect. Either MSA is going to be overhauled or the fishery, in the absence of a complete change in NMFS management philosophy, will collapse. And since there's no reason to believe NMFS will suddenly decide to change their management ideologies, we're really looking at legislation to change MSA as our only viable hope. That or an outright Tea Party! Fighting Town Hall is hard enough, fighting the most powerful government in the world is virtually impossible but there are industry groups trying. Most of us, myself included, have no idea how much time and effort these organizations give of themselves to change this situation without personal compensation and they deserve and need our support. Supporting these groups is everyone's personal choice, but if choose not to then either get involved some other way and offer up a different approach to deal with this insanity or don't complain about the work these people are doing on our behalf or the outcomes we have forced down our throats every year. It's disingenuous.

For those who have read my posts, we know what the problems are.

Size limit increases causing the harvest of larger female breeders effectively destroying SSB reproductive capacity. Reproduction strength is down 80% over the last twenty years.

Increased demand for larger sushi grade summer flounder driving higher prices for larger fish at the wholesale level. Secondary issue is unknown impacts of hygrading commercial catch at sea while culling larger more valuable summer flounder.

Continued commercial harvest during offshore migration between September and November, summer flounder's primary spawning period. Inexplicable how NMFS allows this to occur while SSB is being destroyed

Getting the powers to be to acknowledge these facts predicated on their own science and data is another matter all together. Politics at it's worst. It's my hope this ends up in a lawsuit with NMFS's own data used to force change as a result of the negative impacts their policy decisions are causing on the economy which is a direct violation of MSA. Like everyone else, I'm angered having this forced down our throats every year. The only hope we have is that eventually the people working hard representing us will find a way to force the governing bodies to refocus their management efforts on issues confronting the fishery as opposed to managing to benchmarks levels set 41 years ago under MSA. Mandating the same senseless defensive measures year over year will do nothing other than cause continued harm to the fishery.

Last edited by dakota560; 05-21-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Old 05-22-2017, 06:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Tom (Dakota) Thanks and hope you can make it. Your work is appreciated and is helping. Keep it up
Old 05-23-2017, 09:50 PM
dakota560

Dave, just paid for 5 spots, might have one more tomorrow will let you know. Look forward to seeing everyone on the trip.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:39 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota560 View Post
Dave, just paid for 5 spots, might have one more tomorrow will let you know. Look forward to seeing everyone on the trip.

Great Tom. Look forward to fishing with you and your gang!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:03 AM
dakota560

Added one more yesterday so paid for 6 in total. Are there any spots left or are we full?
Old 05-25-2017, 05:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota560 View Post
Added one more yesterday so paid for 6 in total. Are there any spots left or are we full?
Got you all in Tom.
Plenty of room for more if you need. I have another 6 -10 committed but I have to break them out of the Asylum!
Old 05-26-2017, 05:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

So is this a go
Richie

I marched 3/21/2012
No Facebook No Twitter No Text
Old 05-26-2017, 06:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
So is this a go
Richie
Of course Richie, you had doubts?
We are going
Old 05-26-2017, 08:56 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 9th Annual RFA Flukathon Sat June 17th Official Sign Up

YEA BUDDY!!! Let's get outta here! Thank you to all participating thus far! I can't wait for this trip!

Dales......you da man!!!

Dakota.....sounds like your bringing your personal armada!!! Haha!

Thank you!!!