NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

nailed em! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default nailed em!

Got a call around 11 oclock my uncle was scratching to go launched in the normal spot cleared the river and decided to rig up set up two umbrellas and he put a stretch on his out roder im digging through my buck find a couple swimmers that i use in the surf say screw it let see what happens put it on my 6'6 spinning rod i use for jiging throw it behind the boat and as it hit the water fish on! Boated a nice hi teens to 2olbr re set make a pass up the other way about ten mins later bang! Reel screams fish on! Boat a just under size one reset and another 5mins into it another short so now the guy thst was busting my balls for trolling topwater plugs thst were meant for the surf is now begging me for one eventually i give in he sets up and as soon as it hits he gets bumped puts the rod in the holder and fish on boated atound 15 to 2o shorts and 3 keepers 1 was kept for the tabel. I could go on and on about todays trip was a blast just what i needed but main objective of my story is they can be right under your nose talked to a guy at the dock when we were getting in and he was bummed to say the least ran to the hook for nothing just goes to show you never know