NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Pike-a-thon 3, 2015!!! 6/27-7/5!!! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:18 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Pike-a-thon 3, 2015!!! 6/27-7/5!!!

Well, well, well, It looks like It's that time of year again! Back by popular demand, NJ's one and only PIKE-A-THON! Are you ready to catch some teeth? Show me them teeth! Don't be SKEERED! This will be the 3rd year that PIKE-A-THON will be held and it gets better every year. Thanx to all that participated in the previous years.

I'm going to stir the pot this year and see what NJ Pike waters really have to offer. This year will include all "PUBLIC NJ PIKE WATERS". I want to see whats going on with all these beautiful Pike lakes we have in NJ. Will a lake or reservoir take TOP DOLLAR? Will the one and only Passaic river show a true BEAST of a river Pike? I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

Here's the deal! The contest will be 9 days long this year to give anglers a chance to get out there and catch the biggest Pike NJ has to offer. This contest is open to all anglers, whether it be bank beaters, river walkers, kayakers, boaters or whatever else. I want you to join in the fun and show me those TEETH!!!! All NJ public stocked lakes, reservoirs and rivers are open game to anyone wishing to fish this contest. These waterbodies include Spruce Run, Cranberry lake, Pompton lake, Budd lake, Passaic river, Pompton river and the Millstone river if you dare to try that area. If I'm forgetting a NJ public Pike lake or river please feel free to name it. Again this contest is open to all anglers whatever your game is. C'mon and enter the contest and show me what you got!

Send $20 via PAYPAL to fasteddie2927@yahoo.com!!!!!!!

Here are the rules:

-One winner takes all and will be the 2015 PIKE-A-THON CHAMPION.

-Longest PIKE entered wins the CA$H!!!

-Entry fee will be 20 bucks per man. The entry fee can be mailed to me. I will send you my contact info via PM, text or a simple phone call.

-If you chose not to pay your entry fee via mail then you must meet me at the Dundee lake access on June 27th to hand me the 20 dollar entry fee. I will be there from 7-9 am just to collect cash from the anglers that forget to mail the check or money order.

-All Pike entered in this contest must be caught in NJ "PUBLIC PIKE WATERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-2 photos will be required for your entry to count. 1st photo must include the Pike laid down as flat as possible next to a legitimate tape measure to show length. No paper tapes guys and gals. Contractor type tape measuring devices, bumper boards and the good ole NJF boat sticker tape measure will do. Again, "NO PAPER TAPES"!

-The 2nd photo must include the angler that caught the fish holding the fish with some water in the background. No blackout or edited pics will be excepted!

-There will be a mystery item that must be included with at least one of the 2 pics required. If you don't have the mystery item in at least one pic, your entry will "NOT" count. This mystery item will be announced sometime Friday, June 26th after dark. If you do not have this item in one of the pics, "YOU ARE SCREWED"!!! On that note, pay attention and look for the "MYSTERY ITEM ANNOUNCEMENT"!!!!!!

Thats it, plain and simple guys and gals. You wana talk smack, the time is now. If your not 1st your last!!! There can only be ONE CHAMPION!!!

ENTRIES,
1- FASTEDDIE - PAID
2-THYER - ???
3- PHIL - PAID
4- GATTO1227
5- SCOWARDNJ - PAID
6- PREDATOR - PAID
7- ANDRUSHKIN33 - PAID
8- SKUNK CITY - PAID
9- MSGDAN - PAID
10- CABESAROJA - PAID
11- ANTGOGZ - PAID
12- ROTTILOVER - PAID
13- The BIRDMAN PAID
14- Dirtyjerseyanglers - PAID
15- Lure10NJ - ???
16- JDTuna - PAID
17- Puzio - PAID
18- RyanMac14
- PAID
19- thesmurf523 - PAID
PIKE-A-THON 2015
JUNE 27TH-JULY 5TH
BRING YOUR "A" GAME!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 06-28-2015 at 07:29 AM..
Old 05-28-2015, 07:52 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Pike-a-thon 3, 2015!!! 6/27-7/5!!!

I'm putting the mark on the calendar. Last year I could only fish one day and couldn't buy a fish. This year I will at least catch one.

I understand the rules and why we need them to keep people honest. Shame on those that cheat to win a friendly contest. But to quote George Thorogood, "I fish alone" so getting a picture with me and the fish in it is going to be tough. But I'm in it for the fun and a small donation to make it interesting is no big deal.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Im in. You forgot to mention farrington. That lake is full of pike you guys should focus all your attention there are no pike at any of the other mentioned spots.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

You mine as well set that 20 dollar bill on fire and just stay on your couch if you plan on fishing the millstone lol
Old 05-28-2015, 10:06 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Might*
Old 05-28-2015, 10:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I never catch a dam thing in these thons!!!! I'm in!!!!

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 05-29-2015, 05:50 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Shit yeah Im in !!!! I'll have to flip and dust off my 12ft Aluminum "PIKE ME" boat. Hopefully the P is flowing nicely that week. Oh and If MSGDAN enters were all screwed. lol The one true "King" of MSG is an avid Pike fisherman. lol
Old 05-29-2015, 07:22 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ooooh

That one I cant miss. In.

Last year was on sidelines, cant miss it this year

Andre
Old 05-29-2015, 09:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ahhhh yes . Will the dynamic duo of SkunkCity and FastEddie run the table again or will a new champion emerge as the King of the Esox?? Only time will tell!!!!

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 05-29-2015, 10:57 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

can i line multiple pike up head to tail for a total combined length!!??
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54