NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

What was the funniest thing you have seen on a party boat? - Page 8 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Banned

Default Re: What was the funniest thing you have seen on a party boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny V
Didn’t read this thread but I have a few yuc yucs . Every year you see someone do something goofy. .For the life of me I still don’t get why people would bring a disposable cooler on a party boat . (Or even buy one for that matter). I have seen folks try to put fish in them only to explode apart on the first fish.

Better yet I saw some guy try to sit on one in the cabin on the ride back in. Not to mention how many times I saw one get steeped on and rip apart as the boat rocks.......lol.. Gota love it...Now Every time I see one of those coolers I cant help not to laugh cuz I can see it coming already.

Ohh Not sure if this was mentioned but then you have these guys come aboard with 20 foot surf rods. When you see this u already know there will be trouble.

Funny but not funny. On a beautiful calm day ..no more than 15 seconds out of the inlet you have folks ralphing over the rail.
I call those styrofoam jobs "self destructing coolers". They never make it through the day.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Talking Re: What was the funniest thing you have seen on a party boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtisb
I was on a AH Party boat striper trip a few years ago. As we were getting ready to leave the dock, a young couple jumped on at the last second. The guy was obviously out of it and was quickly asleep in the cabin. The young lady worked her way around the boat chatting up every one. She made it clear that she was a exotic dancer and had just met the guy she was with a few hours ago. She worked the boat throughout the day, pole dancing in the cabin, stripping in the stern, stripping in the bow, and she was tipped well.
It was a real stripper trip and I caught some stripers too.
I remember that trip to the T that was the best day of working deck i have ever had only thing is on the way in nobody felt kind enough to let the capt. And crew know about the show she was putting on in the bow! They did however feel obligated to inform us after the fact and make us say wtf y didnt u tell us! Lol that was a great day tho.and that day is when then phrase stripers and strippers was coined now if only there was a boat that actually did those kinda trips i cud see them railed everyday.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Few years ago night bluefish trip out of Belmar, get to the boat and 1 dude had way to much to drink.... as were heading out guy sticks his finger in his A*s and starts walking the boat asking ppl to smell his finger.... 2 hours later and still drinking guy does some chumming of his own and then catches the pool fish.
South Amboy, NJ
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Cool Re: What was the funniest thing you have seen on a party boat?

I used to work the night blues/striper trips on the Night Hawk out of belmar. A russian guy who was a total sleezeball came on the boat wearing flipflops. He kicked a blue fish and it bit off the tip of his big toe. It was disqusting and hilarious.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:57 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

The funniest thing I ever saw on a PB has to probably be when I was out bluefishing from PP and this drunk young fireman was selling his fresh made bucktails... They were actual buck tails from when he was hunting deer with a hook tied to them.

The funniest thing that I ever did on a party boat was when I was fluke fishing out of Perth Amboy and the water was covered with jellyfish, so everything that comes out of the water is covered in slime. My hands are covered in jellyfish goo and I get a bite, I set the hook and the rod slips out of my hands and into the water. It was a St. Croix light rod with a Daiwa Luna reel and it was floating on the top of the water, needless to say I was pissed I just did that. Luckily the captain was fishing right next to me and calmly lets out some extra line, wraps the excess line around my rod and somehow pulls it up. I thank him up and down, then realize the fish is still on my line, the whole boat watches to see what kind of monster could rip the rod right out of my hands.... Then the worlds smallest sea robin comes over the rail. The entire boat was rolling around on the deck laughing at me.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard63
Great thread ..! Some fantastic stories.. always some kinda entertainment out there.. One of my favs happened back in the early 80's.. My late fishing bud Tony and I where had come down for a night Bluefish trip on the Queen Mary (i think), out of PP.. Kinda crowded, but the bite was good, and there was lots of life in the slick.. including big schools of squid coming into the lights.. Tony gets it in his head he wants to catch some squid to fry, so he pulls an ancient squid jig out of his box (one of those plastic bodies with a bunch of pin-hooks sticking out), a proceeds to run around the boat trying to catch up with the schools darting in and out, yelling "Calamari, Calamari!" . Now Tony was a big, jollly, loveable guy.. big white beard like Santa, and always laughing and joking with the other fares.. hard not to like the guy.. But after several minutes of running around and squeezing onto the rail to get shots at these squid, occasionally tangling the chunk drifters, and generally causing a ruckus, I could see some guys where getting a bit miffed..but no one said anything to him.. but everyone is watching him closely.. Finally, he hooks a squid... As he is swinging it over the rail, its about a foot over his head, and lets fly a big jet of ink... that hits him in the chin, fills his white beard, and covers the front of his shirt.. Much to the delight of the crowd, who threw up a deafening cheer and applauded him vigorously! He gave a little bow, and sheepishly cut off his jig and went back to Bluefishing for the night .

Now that is funny!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Talking Re: What was the funniest thing you have seen on a party boat?

i was working the deck on a head boat with a charter of 40 guys. we were on a drift fluke fishing when a guy at midship dropped a rental rod overboard. he reluctantly went up to the wheel house and paid the captain the $85 for the lost combo. I gave him another rental pole and he was back fishing for the next drift. Wouldn't you know it that same guy snagged his line off the bottom on the next drift and got the rod back! Captain came down and gave him his money back, it still amazes me when we laugh about that trip. 40 lines in the water and this guy in the middle catches the rod... customers never cease to amaze me