NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Black Friday Blackfishing anyone? - Page 8 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Black Friday Blackfishing anyone?

Trip Wrap up

Got to Dockside Deli at 5:45am with Ted and crew waiting on me to load the food into my truck. (2) 3' subs, mac salad, potato salad and some chocolate chip cookies made by the owner himself. Each sub slice wrapped individually? Home run move Ted and they went steady all day long. Awesome!

Got to the boat and we all loaded up and off we went. The no breeze inshore turned into a steady 20kt offshore. Made for some good anchoring, but was in yer face all day.

The bow got the chew going off the bat with Chris swinging a couple fish followed by Carl boating a 6# male. Well, we just get to talk enough so off I went to settle in next to him. Boated 4 fish in 15 minutes as it was a lights out chew going up the anchors. Saw JandJ in the back of the boat not getting any love, so I called him up to stand in my spot and I backed out. He banged 2 fish on the head and it was still going as I watched Chris swing fish after fish. Again, I felt the need to talk about this with him so I jumped the pulpit and settled in next to him. Another fish or two...but then I started to feel bad for snaking in there like that. UNTIL I see Capt Jimmy straddle the pulpit and swing a 3# male (photo attached). Nice work Capt! Bite slowed a bit so a little wiggle, and it was on again for the P.A. bow boys boating a few more fish. (Dennis even trying the "over the shoulder" technique perfected by Doug the week before)

...and then it slowed. Jimmy pulled and put us on great bottom all day, but the fish came in dribs and drabs with them pushing baits and scratchy bites at best. Trick today was work for 'em and move around the boat finding a new piece to work. Give it 10 minutes...and move on for another pile. Fish were there, but just not commiting.

Guys who came in groups (the P.A. boys & Garone crew) and solo (reelRon and Dave Tats), hopefully enjoyed the day, caught some fish and busted a ton of balls....and the guys who came solo and had limited experience spent some time checking out techniques, rigs, bait selection...and catching.

Total tally on the day was between 40-50 fish to 6#. Chris had the pickle barrel bite of the day and boated his limit + while I skated every inch of the boat to pull 9.

Thanks to the Capt and crew and everyone who showed up to fish instead of hanging Christmas lights at home. Haha!

Same time next year? You fellas have first dibs!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 005.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	43147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 001.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	43148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 007.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	43149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 009.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	43150  
Old 11-25-2011, 10:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks fin s for setting up the trip! What better then to fish for black fish on black friday!! Especially when i met Dennis at 3:30am and we had to creep through town cause of all the shoppers walking from store to store!

Like fin s said you had to work for your bites today. We fished a few different depths on all good bottom but the fish just didn't want to chew. I was fortunate to be in the pickle barrel on the first drop of the day. But like fin s said the rest of the day you had to keep moving and casting around to try to find a hungry fish!

But just like any fishing trip with fellow anglers and freinds we had a great time with a lot of laughs!!

Next year sounds like plan put me on the list!!
Old 11-26-2011, 07:06 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

sounds like a good trip on a tough day! I heard the bite was not easy yesterday. The pic with the capt sitting on the anchor tree is great. I wanna claim a spot for next year early should some one back out
Old 11-26-2011, 11:06 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Black Friday Blackfishing anyone?

"Each sub slice wrapped individually? Home run move Ted and they went steady all day long. Awesome!" Great idea as this way no one could get any food items all over their hands or get any crab all over the next slice!

I have to learn to move more, oil my skates or something. But John was catching next to me so I kept sliding forward, on the starbord side until I managed to pull two out from under him. Unfortunately, my only two. (Ah, where is my "son-in-law when I need him?)

Great day Bob, again thanks for putting it together for us, Got to make some new NJF friends too.

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)
Old 11-26-2011, 12:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I see Dennis was using my over the shoulder method
Old 11-26-2011, 06:40 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

ashame I didnt get in on it as an alternate, but would love to get on it next year if anyone plans on not attending!!! Great report!!