NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Lets legalize freedom! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Lets legalize freedom!

There have been several threads over the past week or so dealing with fish regulations. One topic, a well known party boat that has been in service since the 1930's, that had numerous violations by the passengers, and plenty of law enforcement officers, enforcing regulations. Another topic was Fluke regs for this upcoming season, where we will see a decline in the amount of keepers per individual. And a few threads about blackfis regs.
As we see from a variety of readers/anglers, something bad happens, and a lot of finger pointing and blame follows. The fact is, no matter which fishery,or season, it is clear that we are simply losing our freedoms to do something as simple and basic as going fishing. We complain, march on Washington, blame another angler, boat captain, but, it's clear to me that fishing as we knew it fast becoming something of the past.
The writings on the wall!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Lets legalize freedom!

Well said !!!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:06 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I would outlaw all the trawlers and commercial fishing boats, worldwide. Only party boats, charter and private boats allowed. The same size/length/season restrictions should apply to every single person.

Obviously, this would eliminate the need for restrictions on selling your catch and create a true open market.

Imagine all the people, living life in peace. You might say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Joe
Old 03-05-2012, 06:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
We complain, march on Washington, blame another angler, boat captain, but, it's clear to me that fishing as we knew it fast becoming something of the past.
We see this happening to many things these days, As the population changes people see things and react and say what they believe should be done having no knowledge of the subject. In the past most of the population knew someone first hand or participated their self and had a better Idea of the subject and could make a reasonable decision to better it.

Now we get junk science, knee jerk reactions and sky is falling on everything we do. You get NOAA sending a boat out once or twice and finding low numbers of fish and they scream Stop , shut it down. I see this in hunting too one guy doing a study of 1/2 day in the woods and sees 50 deer in a field and says to many , while a guy doing another study see hardly any deer. Who’s right ? When you use the quick science like we use now use you get only a small idea of the true picture .but government agencies use this junk science to manage our resources , it’s all computer models not hard facts........ Its all half assed.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

"Obviously, this would eliminate the need for restrictions on selling your catch and create a true open market." This would not eliminate commercial fishing, it would mean we are ALL commercial fishermen!! "Money is the root of all evil".
Old 03-05-2012, 07:37 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I will not give up that easily and support several groups (RFA etc) that I feel will do us the most good. I worked for over 40 years and will not give in to a group of self serving individuals that claims to know whats good for me. This country was founded by the principle that the government should be " of the people, by the people, and for the people". NOT over the people. We voted them in, we can vote them out.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Bogan
There have been several threads over the past week or so dealing with fish regulations. One topic, a well known party boat that has been in service since the 1930's, that had numerous violations by the passengers, and plenty of law enforcement officers, enforcing regulations. Another topic was Fluke regs for this upcoming season, where we will see a decline in the amount of keepers per individual. And a few threads about blackfis regs.
As we see from a variety of readers/anglers, something bad happens, and a lot of finger pointing and blame follows. The fact is, no matter which fishery,or season, it is clear that we are simply losing our freedoms to do something as simple and basic as going fishing. We complain, march on Washington, blame another angler, boat captain, but, it's clear to me that fishing as we knew it fast becoming something of the past.
All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words:

freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-05-2012, 07:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Cool Re: Lets legalize freedom!

The writing has been on the wall for many years now! These fish will NEVER be wiped out by a rod and reel fisherman. Never! They need to re-evaluate the whole situation!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. -- Ronald Reagan (1986)

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 03-05-2012, 08:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Freedoms are already legalized but we do not respect them! Go to any fisheries meeting and see who shows up to voice an opinion!
We are the blame for a lot of what goes on regarding fisheries regs, most only talk, many do not even belong or donate a red cent to help offset expenses associated with fighting these battles,
Take a hint from Sierra Club ,TU & a host of others they get people to participate at all levels , come up with the cash & get a lot done.
We have a handful of guys that really understand what's going on & even they will not compare notes!
Good Luck, we got what we gave ourselves by sitting on the sidelines for years!!
Let me say it for you I "DID" not attend all the meetings I should have either ,but I've been at more than my share. There
s more than enough blame to go around I'll take my share. However until we all realize the need to participate at some level ,we have a long way to go to enact laws that we can live with fisheries wise,