NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2014 Fluke Regulations - Page 7 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2014 Fluke Regulations

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:21 PM
dakota560

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrazz View Post
I was always taught that two wrongs don't make a right. No matter why the rules are made, they are still the rules. If you have no respect for the rules you have no respect for the fish, the sport or yourselves.
Under most circumstances I would agree but this is all about politics and utter BS. As I mentioned in my earlier post, we all gave our pound of flesh over the last many years to rebuild the fluke stocks which has happened and now that the time has come for the recreational community to enjoy the benefits of those sacrifices your suggesting we allow some obscure politicians to determine our fate by mandating we further sacrifice the sport we love so that commercial interests and politicians can benefit. Excuse me if I find it difficult to understand your perspective. This is bait and switch and will continue until someone takes a stance. If you choose to be taken advantage of that's your decision but many will find it offensive to follow your advise. This keeps up NJ will be at a 2 fish limit at 22 inches just like NY was and that is simply not acceptable. Not when you consider the amount of money we collectively put into the economy in pursuit of a few fish for the frying pan but more importantly to spend time with friends and family fishing for what is probably the most popular summer species in our coastal area. Any our elected officials are going to ignore what's important to us, ignore our contributions to the rebuilding efforts and once again screw the blue collar guy. If you want to roll over, be my guest but like many here have said this resource is where it is today because of our efforts and I personally won't adhere to policies handed down from greedy politicians who have their own interests in front of ours.

Dakota
Old 02-05-2014, 09:38 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussA View Post
We have a winner!
I couldn't agree more, We have the best government that money can buy!
Old 02-06-2014, 12:12 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Joe View Post
BS!
Good to know that one of our sponsors and captains has a blatant disregard for the law.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemate View Post
Does anyone have the data that
proves how many fluke were caught in NJ last year? Does anyone have the scientific data that proves how many fluke were in the Biomass last year? Thanks for this information in advance.
fishingunited.com
Old 02-06-2014, 06:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Still want to know how do they come up with these figures last year, season started late for most due to Sandy. Also, how do the come up with the figures from shore????

NEW JERSEY

"For the rich there is therapy for the rest of us there is fishing"

"A bad day of fishing turns into a good day of drinking" ����
Old 02-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Banned

Thanks for the post, Jay.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:42 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrazz View Post
I was always taught that two wrongs don't make a right. No matter why the rules are made, they are still the rules. If you have no respect for the rules you have no respect for the fish, the sport or yourselves.
Do you have one million dollars invested in a party boat?Do you make your living fishing?What would you do if the government took away your business that took you 40 years to build?There is a big difference between a private boat owner and charter or party boat!Most of us are frustrated and venting.

100 Ton Master
Semi Retired
Old 02-06-2014, 10:05 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

If the Fluke stock is rebuilt as Gov.Cuomo states.The limit should be 5 fish at 17 1/2" for NJ/NY/Conn.We all know the fluke tally for 2013 is bogus,due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy.Keep NJ limit the same and bring NY/Conn.in line with NJ.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKat View Post
If the Fluke stock is rebuilt as Gov.Cuomo states.The limit should be 5 fish at 17 1/2" for NJ/NY/Conn.We all know the fluke tally for 2013 is bogus,due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy.Keep NJ limit the same and bring NY/Conn.in line with NJ.
You are kidding right? It was a floating city out there from June on...