NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

GAMBLER Benifit Trip for Elena - Page 10 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:48 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: GAMBLER Benifit Trip for Elena

Boat left at 0 dark thirty and arrived at the first drop right around first light. Lots of Bergal life and some lingy's at this drop. 2 ling for me and a keeper bergal. Headed to the next drop and the seas were a a little sporty. Capt. had to back down a few times to get us through the roll. Next drop slow of life but a pick here and there. 2 more lingy's for me. I'm not gonna give blow by blow after that because it was just a slow pick to all out Dog Fest the rest of the day. Actually if it weren't for all the Doggies I might not have enjoyed the outstanding food that was there. The cheese steaks were freakin awesome and the hotdogs and chili a great compliment.

Thanks to everyone that made this possible, it was lots of fun. I know our crew of 8 had a very good time as my buddy Willie hit the pool with a nice cod at the drop whistle.

Best of luck to the Jenkin's family you definitely deserve it.

" The Lake Louise Launcher "
Now Known As
Superscupman
Old 02-21-2012, 08:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Just an FYI. Capt Chris Gately contributed the 2/3 man Lake Trout/Salmon Charter on the Great Lakes.If you don't know who Chris is he worked for ESPN Outdoors,The Fisherman Magazine & Shimano.Chris is currently working for Daiwa.

Last edited by Art Berkman; 02-21-2012 at 08:47 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 10:16 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Folks,
I’m not quite sure where to begin. Uncle Sam prepared me for allot of things, but this really wasn’t one of the lessons they passed along in the skill set. On behalf of the Jenkins Family, I would like to thank everyone for their generosity, their time and their patience. Our thanks go out to all the folks who joined us for the trip as well as those “behind the scenes folks”.

First, a thanks to Captain Bob and the Bogan Clan (Mary Ann, Lee Ann, Andrew and Andrew Jr.) for dreaming this trip up, coordinating logistics and bringing it to fruition.

Also, a big thanks to the Gambler Crew, (Greg, Morgan, Kevin and Ross) for dealing with the Muppets, Horned Pollack and Ravens that made up a good part of our by-catch, all the while showing us a good time. Also thanks to Ryan W. who is out at school yet passed along a donation.

I would be remiss if I did not send a special “thank you” to our Mess Cook, Tom, who stepped up to the plate when our volunteer chefs succumbed to the motion of the ocean. Thank you for sweating it out over the dogs and cheese steaks. They were on par with any we have had on land, anywhere.
Mom, the chili was a hit, both slathered on dogs and solo.
We also need to thank:
Kevin Bogan of Kevin’s Custom Rods
Marc Bennett, AKA “Quanman “ and his Crew
“Italian Fisherman”
Ray Neglia
Ray Conte
Gregg Smith AKA “mahigold”of Rella’s Italian Tavern
Marc Hyrcak of Reel Action Charters
Rich and Michelle Kostyu of MR Charters
Chris Gatley of Ardent Angler Charters
Gerry Zagorski of njfishing.com
Jeff AKA “SHIRTGUY” of GRAFX Printing
Jerry Melia of the Old Man’s Tackle Box
Jersey Jay of Jersey Jay’s Tackle
Retax Steve Irwin of Irwin’s Law Firm
Local IBEW 164 Retirees
The Hi-Mar Striper Club
“Ahab123”
sportfishingusa
Rob and the rest of the Guys at East Franklin Volunteer Fire Department
Steve, AKA “stevelikestofish”
Slammer and his Crew
Chuck and Gina King
Pat and Aaron Sherburne of Choo Choo R Snacks
Ed Huss, Skippy and Sal
My oldest friends, the Matri Family
The Guys at Work- Tim L., Matt S., Tony G. and Eric P.
Dave Arbeitman, AKA “Dave A” and John Vafiadis , AKA “Fluke Jigger” of the Reel Seat
Bob Caracozzo
The Folks at Baldanza’s Bakery
Our Volunteer Cooks Tommy and Dave (Even though he was seasick, Tommy fessed’ up and said he may have found his new hobby).

Despite the fish choosing not to cooperate and the wind and seas kicking up just a bit around 9AM, this may have been one of the most enjoyable fishing trips I have had the pleasure of being part of. Thanks again to one and all. Fair winds and following seas.

Forever grateful,
Panga Rob
Old 02-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Site Sponsor

Thank you again to everyone who joined us on this trip. Were not too many cod caught but I hope all had a decent time. And thanks to anyone who contributed in any way. Shirts were great, food was great, gifts and contributions were more than I had hoped for.

Our prayers continue with Elena and her mom, dad and brother.

Capt Bob
http://www.gamblerfishing.net
captbogan@aol.com
732-295-7569
Old 02-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Panga Bob and Captain Bob. Glad this trip worked out and that we could use the site to promote it.

Warms my heart to see the outpouring of support here as I'm sure it does yours.

All the best to Elena and family and our continued prayers.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area