NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2014 Fluke Regulations - Page 6 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Banned

Default Re: 2014 Fluke Regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Not for nothing, last I heard this site was "NJFishing"?? Why are we talking about NY?? Enough said!!!!!
You must have started fishing recently.

Some of you in NJ don't remember running to Ambrose Channel...

This is where you went to catch the LARGE fluke in NY waters. Many Tournaments were won in NY waters because NJ boats used to come here to fish OUR waters.

I used to se an ungodly number of NJ boats fishing in Jamaica Bay because there also is where the BIG Fluke lived.

Jay these people are pitting states against each other with numbers that are BS.

NY and NJ are the same waters.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twins n Fins View Post
Unbelievable! I'll be a runner boat this Summer, call me on the cell when you have your limit I'll have 5 Hotties on the boat, that gives me a 24 fish limit. I'll make the run back to dock, off load and head to the next. At the end of the day I'll meet you with you're fish for a small fee!!!!!!! LOL what a joke..........
Can you bring your hotties to the J2?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k3ano1.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	67353  
Old 02-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Well since we lost the battle against Regional Management, maybe what we need to do is fight the other larger issues that effect our now Regional regulations. Flawed science in assessing the stocks and no flexibility in the Magnuson Stevens Act http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...Management_Act

The flawed science fight centers around the flawed methods and data being used to assess the Fluke stocks. If assessments deem that the stock is in trouble, then by law the Federal Government must step in and put plans in place to recover the stock. That means smaller quotas which translates to shorter seasons, lower bag limits (how many fish you can keep) and increases in the size of fish you are allowed to keep.

We also need to fight for some flexibility in the Mangnuson Stevens Act which would allow other factors to be taken into consideration when setting quotas.

As an example.... How could anyone with half a brain say that NJ exceeded their quota for Fluke last year... Participation was way down due to the recovery from Sandy. That was the whole point of Dave Dales survey he put up on the site a few weeks back about how many times we fished for Fluke last year. http://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66642.

Yet the flawed data and science says that we did

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 02-05-2014, 05:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I give up. I keep what I need for the table. My boat has its own personal laminated species regulation chart....
Old 02-05-2014, 05:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussA View Post
You must have started fishing recently.

Some of you in NJ don't remember running to Ambrose Channel...

This is where you went to catch the LARGE fluke in NY waters. Many Tournaments were won in NY waters because NJ boats used to come here to fish OUR waters.

I used to se an ungodly number of NJ boats fishing in Jamaica Bay because there also is where the BIG Fluke lived.

Jay these people are pitting states against each other with numbers that are BS.

NY and NJ are the same waters.
I understand where your coming from, no need to question or assume, I just started fishing. What does that have to do with this topic. Personally, I really don't care what are the regulations. I'm going to keep what I'm going to catch and eat. END! Look at my avatar speaks for itself......

"For the rich there is therapy for the rest of us there is fishing"

"A bad day of fishing turns into a good day of drinking" ����
Old 02-05-2014, 05:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

As I stated after having gone to the meeting in Toms River. The only person that was from the commission was a lower level staffer. It was like we were talking to deaf ears, it is now obvious we where.

Science and common sense mean absolutely nothing to the board. Their minds are made up in advance and they only show up so they can say we listened.

As per the 4 @ 18, per Adam at the meeting, the board looks at each angler catching only 2 fish per day, so 4,5 ,or 6 is the same and the # per day didn't really matter. What happened to this reasoning?

AS has been brought up before, we as a group, are some of the most upright citizens around, and respect our laws, it is now getting to the point that a lot of honest people (fishermen and fisherwomen) will be clever enough to say I am going to start disrespecting those that disrespect us!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I was always taught that two wrongs don't make a right. No matter why the rules are made, they are still the rules. If you have no respect for the rules you have no respect for the fish, the sport or yourselves.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrazz View Post
I was always taught that two wrongs don't make a right. No matter why the rules are made, they are still the rules. If you have no respect for the rules you have no respect for the fish, the sport or yourselves.
BS!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Does anyone have the data that
proves how many fluke were caught in NJ last year? Does anyone have the scientific data that proves how many fluke were in the Biomass last year? Thanks for this information in advance.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrazz View Post
I understand your position, but we have had enough.. I am going to be 60 soon, and in the years I have left in good enough health to go fishing,I would like to be able to enjoy a few fish to eat , for the big money i spend to go fishing... Enough of this crap. i am with those that will take our chances..

I will fillet a few good size fish to eat, and hide the fillets... If they want to take my boat apart, so be it... If I get caught i get caught.. Otherwise, they will find only 18 inch fish in the cooler.
Actually, I truly believe they WILL start bringing dogs to sniff for hidden fish, or will start boat searches.. Its only a matter of time...In any case, in the meantime I will become a lawbreaker..
This is getting out of hand, and we have become powerless..
They are denying us our heritage.... bob

Last edited by bulletbob; 02-05-2014 at 07:55 PM..