NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2014 Fluke Regulations - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2014 Fluke Regulations

The new charter business....3 hour trips.....by one trip get second at reduced pricing ( Jamaica maybe you knew something and prepared except in slightly longer trips!) so you can go back out and get 4 more god blessed fish..........
Supporter and Member of RFA/NJ
IGFA Member
www.sharkbite-bucktails.com

Last edited by Sharkyispy; 02-04-2014 at 08:20 PM..
Old 02-04-2014, 08:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

**** them, i make my own regulations. BS
Barnegat Inlet
Lanoka Harbor, NJ
Old 02-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Banned

Well it wasn't like you didn't know this was coming... I said look out they are going to make it the same for both states whether you liked it or not.

Now instead of whining, both states fishermen need to get on-board together and make the season longer and add 2 fish to the creel...

Just my opinion.

Or you can fight for yourselves again and lose even more... Good luck with that.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Banned

"Now instead of whining, both states fishermen need to get on-board together and make the season longer and add 2 fish to the creel..."

brilliant!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:48 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Should do an OPRA, open public records request, to document all the New Jersey fisherman's comments of opposition to regionalization of the Summer Flounder regulations. This would at least make a statement that AMFSC does not represent our considerations. What outcome would you expect when in todays Asbury Park Press stated as follows:
“Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), who has been strongly advocating a change in fishery laws to give his constituents more fish to catch, is evidently also hearing concerns from stakeholders in other states about the problem of overfishing. In a letter sent to the ASMFC on the eve of the decision, Schumer wrote: “I would like to take this opportunity to assure the Commission that I will be a fierce advocate on behalf of all States to make sure that the 2014 experiment with regional management is a success, particularly with respect to any future consequences regarding harvest penalties.”
So Schumer says ““I would like to take this opportunity to assure the Commission that I will be a fierce advocate on behalf of all States”

?????????? Political bullshit! Now this was written before todays decision, but it appears he already knew “regionalization” would be approved. So where is NJ Senator Menendez (D) and Senator Booker (D) representing our interests? ...enough said...lets share, “redistribute the wealth”
Old 02-04-2014, 08:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

As previously stated

The dirty shrimp will be under the skull and bones!

I may even organize a private boat protest. Get as many privateers as possible. Have us all come in over limit or undersized and have the conservation officers meet us at the dock with some news cameras there. Let the public know what is going on. I m sure it would not look good to see the tickets handed out to my kids on 12 news!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I can't believe what they are doing to the people in this state that depend on the fishing industry as their paycheck. Look...I am sure all of the party boat and charter captains...and bait shop owners didn't get into the fishing industry planning on being millionaires...but the boats I have fished on...all of bogan's boats...golden eagle...ocean explorer...monger...reel class...etc., depend on customers looking to go fishing. Everyone of the captains and bait shop owners love their job...u never hear squat from them about them hating their job! But...they all have to hate what the government is doing to affect their ability to make money. As I said yesterday...my condolences to ralphy...and I wish I could hear him going off about this crap!!! You guys aren't going to lose people like me...and I hope others feel the same way!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Joe View Post
"Now instead of whining, both states fishermen need to get on-board together and make the season longer and add 2 fish to the creel..."

brilliant!
It's better than sitting and feel sorry for yourselves... But hey, you have those guys the abbreviated in your corner!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

A lot of wasted time and money for this bs. Although I didn't attend many meetings I did what i could when time allowed. Money for the Save the Summer Flounder Jar at Petes tackle shop, taking the time to bag my filleted fish, tag them and put them in his freezer for science its all bullshit! I am sure glad my frying pan doesn't know of any size or bag limits!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:57 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Fish and Game Officer boarding my boat: "Hi there. Catch any fluke today?"

Capt. JJ: "Ummmmm...hi right back at cha! Nah....we are creating a high- resolution, digitally-enhanced,topographical bottom map by lightly bouncing 6 ounce, lead weights shaped like small fish and tipped with elastic, poly-resin, scent-enhanced bottom-grabbers that allow us to "see" and "feel" every aspect of the bottom. Every now and then we get snagged on "things" down there; most often wrecks and rocks....occasionally trashy, flat-fish as well. But we let them all go, IMMEDIATELY! Whats that you ask? What are those filets wrapped in dirty rags hidden under the sub sandwiches in our cooler?!!! Those are tommy cod filets we caught on TUNA.COM up in Gloucester the other day. They arent "hidden". Tommy cod filets taste better when they are aged in cloth, with sub sandwiches pressing down on them to help maintain their shape and texture. Oh and.....F#&%K YOU, Ocean Pig!"

(This message is fictional. All parties have been played by actors who are not associated with any recreational fishing groups or boats for hire, and the views expressed are solely for humor.

Unless you are a game warden.

Then "F*&%k YOU, Ocean Pig!")

JJ