NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

The history of jigging Blackfish in NJ as I know it - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:22 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: The history of jigging Blackfish in NJ as I know it

Uncle Henry not only started the "jig" movement here in nj he was also kind enough to share with others as Eric had said earlier.I was able to get on a charter trip
in RI with Henry,who i did not even know.He was putting on a clinic with his Jig.
i thought how cool is this as i am a jigaholic with everything from sea bass to tuna.i watched and watched as this guy was hooking and landing nice tog.we were making a move and i asked him about the jigging.now he could have told me to shove off as i had never met him and not to say the "tog guys'aren't friendly but...... instead he explains and shows me a few things and hands me a jig and says"try it".well from that day on when conditions are right the jig is the go to.if your reading this Henry i just want to say thanks again.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:00 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker dunker View Post
Uncle Henry not only started the "jig" movement here in nj he was also kind enough to share with others as Eric had said earlier.I was able to get on a charter trip
in RI with Henry,who i did not even know.He was putting on a clinic with his Jig.
i thought how cool is this as i am a jigaholic with everything from sea bass to tuna.i watched and watched as this guy was hooking and landing nice tog.we were making a move and i asked him about the jigging.now he could have told me to shove off as i had never met him and not to say the "tog guys'aren't friendly but...... instead he explains and shows me a few things and hands me a jig and says"try it".well from that day on when conditions are right the jig is the go to.if your reading this Henry i just want to say thanks again.
Ed, you're welcome. It's a lot of fun when a tog takes a couple 5-10 yard runs against a 6# drag setting. Too bad so many guys are doing this, too much competition.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Henry i don't think you have to worry about that.like Eric said you are years ahead of the curve.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Good info guy"s , tried it for the first time this year got about 15 , no shorts . Downhill since then , just picky bites ,caught some , but not that good , same with the bait guy"s . That being said I guess the jig also don"t always get them either . I was using a banana style jig and moving it very slowly ,color was brownish orange ,and read to use a jig that the hook don"t lay flat . Correct movement is still in question ?
Old 12-27-2016, 08:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Why haven't more jo jiggers signed up for puosu? Afraid to compete against 40+ people?

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 12-27-2016, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurr711 View Post
Why haven't more jo jiggers signed up for puosu? Afraid to compete against 40+ people?
Jmurr throwing it down !!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2016, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurr711 View Post

Because being on a boat with 40 other people blackfishing is a waste of time and money
Old 12-28-2016, 08:54 PM
Administrator

[QUOTE=Abrasion;470340]Because being on a boat with 40 other people blackfishing is a waste of time
I totally disagree
Old 12-28-2016, 09:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
Because being on a boat with 40 other people blackfishing is a waste of time and money
When Gerry hands a check to the Wells family at the end of the PUOSU and see the reaction on Mrs Wells face and the good that the NJfishing community does to help a family out that lost a loved one I think you would be rethinking your comment as it is neither a waste of time or money. As fishing is sometimes allot more than just catching fish
Old 12-28-2016, 09:41 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
When Gerry hands a check to the Wells family at the end of the PUOSU and see the reaction on Mrs Wells face and the good that the NJfishing community does to help a family out that lost a loved one I think you would be rethinking your comment as it is neither a waste of time or money. As fishing is sometimes allot more than just catching fish
AMEN brother!!

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area