NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

PUOSU VIII - 12/12 and 12/19 - Page 45 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: PUOSU VIII - 12/12 and 12/19

Well fishing was tough... I think only 1 or 2 people got their limit and Blackfish Bobby was one of them and his team also won the side bet partner pool.

Snafu777 took the honors with the pool fish which was 6.10 and he also won the 50/50 so his lucky day.

Some had a few and many had none but 24 people wieghed in fish.
1) snafu777 6.10
2) HDMarc 5.10
3) JMurr 4.13
4) Thing1 4.13
5) Frank Krupa 4.10
6) Stelly 4.8
7) Hookset 4.7
8) RobB 4.7
9) JLrotary 4.6
10) MVP 4.5
11) Joey dad fish
12) Beatrice 3.13
13) AWD 3.12
14)Hart Attack 3.11
15)Blackfish Bobby 3.10
16) Sportfishusa 3.9
17) Fish Finder 3.9
18) dupes 3.7
19) PAbeerguy 3.6
20) Broken Bobber 3.5
21) Reel Ron 3.4
22)Joe The Plumber 3.3
23) Gerry Z
24) Kurtis 2.12

Bobby and crew were great and even kept us out late to try and get it going but anchoring conditions were tough with very light wind and hardly any current.

Thanks everyone for coming out and see some of you next week on the Mimi for the final.

I will create a separate post for that trip.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 12-12-2015 at 07:13 PM..
Old 12-12-2015, 07:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Smile Re: PUOSU VIII - 12/12 and 12/19

First drop, drop down & get slammed bring up a keeper! Wow, gonna be a good day! Nah, I should have cuddled with my bunk mate, Ragusa!

21) Reel Ron 3.4 Couldn't even make the cut! Probably a good thing as I can't fish Saturday anyway.

Thanks again to all involved in putting this together and keeping it going.

PS. Gerry was right, I did sell some weight decals. Sold them to Joe 'cause he wanted to take care of his buddies! Thank you Joe!

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)

Last edited by Reelron; 12-12-2015 at 07:18 PM..
Old 12-12-2015, 09:12 PM
Administrator

I find it very appropriate that a lot of us ended up with a Lab limit
Old 12-12-2015, 09:21 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Dah Fish View Post
I find it very appropriate that a lot of us ended up with a Lab limit
Yes, a lot of us and a bunch with less. An awesome day dedicated to LAB.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:29 AM
Old Soft Salt

Well another PUOSU is in the books. This was my third year taking photos.
They never disappoint in the entertainment factor and the food and drink was good and plentiful.
It was good seeing the regulars again.

In the tradition and style of LAB but hardly as witty, here's what I learned today...

You need about $ 2000.00 worth of lead, leader, rods, reels and scissors to Blackfish.
There is nothing J. Murray won't put in his mouth and bite down on.
The stern crowd are the partyers the bow is for the serious fishermen.
There was more beer than Crabs on the boat.
Because of the extra warm weather there were a few cracks a popping
The only thing that pulls out in Philadelphia is a couch.
20 lb. leader is the only way to get a bite but you lose every fish that does bite.
Ragu drinks like a fish, takes nap and then continues drinking.
Jigs do not work...Right Bobbie?
Glad I'm not the guy that has to clean the boat after this crew gets done fishing!

Special thanks to Stellie, Reel Ron and KB for the fillets, I cooked them using the killer blackfish recipe that was posted on the board and they were damn good.

Click on the link below to see some pixs.

http://s920.photobucket.com/user/spi...OSU%2012-12-15

Last edited by Wilson; 12-13-2015 at 06:34 AM..
Old 12-13-2015, 09:59 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

As a rookie blackfisherman and first time PUOSU participant, I am thrilled that I made the cut for round 2. Pulled my fish on the first drop then swung and missed like an American League pitcher for the next 6 hours. Glad for the unseasonable weather. 65 degrees and sunshine made rail time easy. The weather also made the cold beer the drink of choice. Thanks to the following: SNAFU for the Avenel Amber... it makes a fine breakfast beverage!, PAbeerguy for the Victory beers (the Dirt Wolf was perfect to wash down Jopey's chili), JoeyDahFish for the aforementioned chile... good job bruddah, Capt. Bobby and crew for giving their best (as always), and our fearless leader, Gerry, for the invite and fishing advice. My hands look like I just rebuilt a diesel motor (gotta get some spray 9, thanks for the tip Joe). All in all, a beauty of a day spent with a fine group of anglers. I'll see some of you Thursday at the Christmas party and some others Saturday for Round 2 of PUOSU.

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 12-13-2015 at 10:06 AM..
Old 12-13-2015, 10:38 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Great time yesterday, wishin the fishin was better. I really only had two legit bites all the other were scratchy nibbles at best, one small hit and then they were gone. Thanks to Gerry and Alex, Capt Bob and mates Mike and John. You are welcome to Murr and Vinny for your banana fish which got both of you into the finals, you couldn't have done it without me. Personally I sucked.!! Blackfish Bobby really does know how to blackfish and makes some killer kielbasa and krout, Great chili from Joe DaFish had just enough bite in it. We all ate and drank like kings (and Queen). Murray and ragu should be in the WWF, Thanks to Kurtis for dropping the dime on me. Thanks to Wilson for getting me and my designated driver beers all day. Thanks to my driver for being drunker than me. Good to see some old faces and meet some new. Keep em tight boys!! LAB forever!!

Last edited by Foul Hook; 12-13-2015 at 10:41 AM..
Old 12-13-2015, 10:55 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul Hook View Post
Great time yesterday, wishin the fishin was better. I really only had two legit bites all the other were scratchy nibbles at best, one small hit and then they were gone. Thanks to Gerry and Alex, Capt Bob and mates Mike and John. You are welcome to Murr and Vinny for your banana fish which got both of you into the finals, you couldn't have done it without me. Personally I sucked.!! Blackfish Bobby really does know how to blackfish and makes some killer kielbasa and krout, Great chili from Joe DaFish had just enough bite in it. We all ate and drank like kings (and Queen). Murray and ragu should be in the WWF, Thanks to Kurtis for dropping the dime on me. Thanks to Wilson for getting me and my designated driver beers all day. Thanks to my driver for being drunker than me. Good to see some old faces and meet some new. Keep em tight boys!! LAB forever!!

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 12-13-2015, 05:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Who took home the barrel of dogfish