NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2010 Fluke Reg ?????? - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:54 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 2010 Fluke Reg ??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1captainron
State by State 14 to 3 was the vote....we still are going to give up a few more days of fishing though. Most likely Memorial day weekend, another kick in the Ass regardless of this vote. Could have been much worse, but that still doesn't make me feel any better...Capt. Ron

Could have been worse? Losing 4 more fish to you is only a little worse off? That's a loss of 67% in my book. How many more days and fish are we going to lose? I told you last year that this was going to happen and you said I was being to negative - not in those words! When are you guys going to wake up. They have a mind set and no matter what you do, you lose. Do away with the Pew, maybe you stand a chance. Penn
Old 12-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by penn50w
Could have been worse? Losing 4 more fish to you is only a little worse off? That's a loss of 67% in my book. How many more days and fish are we going to lose? I told you last year that this was going to happen and you said I was being to negative - not in those words! When are you guys going to wake up. They have a mind set and no matter what you do, you lose. Do away with the Pew, maybe you stand a chance. Penn
Wake up? Sorry, but you must be confused. We did not lose 4 more fish. The vote was 14 to 3 IN FAVOR of keeping state by state regs.

We told many people (you included) that SSFFF was working hard to get the quota back up, and to date the quota has gone up nearly 40% in 2 years.

That's the single biggest reason that our regs will likely be the same or tweaked by a few days (and possibly more days not less once the wave 5 numbers come in next week)

So while I agree with the mind set of which you speak, we in fact did not lose, and likely did not lose anything at all. Matter of fact, despite the BS claims we went 25% over the quota, because of the increase in quota based on the new scientific information the quota went up more than our supposed overage.

As I said, I think you are a little confused.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:06 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTB
Wake up? Sorry, but you must be confused. We did not lose 4 more fish. The vote was 14 to 3 IN FAVOR of keeping state by state regs.

We told many people (you included) that SSFFF was working hard to get the quota back up, and to date the quota has gone up nearly 40% in 2 years.

That's the single biggest reason that our regs will likely be the same or tweaked by a few days (and possibly more days not less once the wave 5 numbers come in next week)

So while I agree with the mind set of which you speak, we in fact did not lose, and likely did not lose anything at all. Matter of fact, despite the BS claims we went 25% over the quota, because of the increase in quota based on the new scientific information the quota went up more than our supposed overage.

As I said, I think you are a little confused.
My apologies, read something wrong. Penn