NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Who introduced you to fishing? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2014, 12:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Who introduced you to fishing?

My earliest memories I have I was holding a fishing rod of some sorts at my grandparents. My early years were tough and I basically stayed with my grandparents in Neptune, went to school there till 2nd grade got dropped off by "Da" grandfather who would be heading to the beach and I was already jealous as he would fish the Washington ave jetty in Avon all beach season long and I always did it with him, but when school was still in... I was pissed then I couldn't be fishing... Lol and this memory is 1st grade! Lol ... Story goes on since , got older , Da taught me the basics, and I got better, Gam(grandmother) and Da brought me down to Long Boat Key in Florida every Easter vacation from school when I was young, Guess what we did down there,yup.. Fish more, stayed at a condo like place; think it was called Holiday Lodge owned by Wynn Cook- he and Da wound up being friends for fishing reasons to start , they went fishing a lot and I started out boating down in Florida on the reefs with them, down there is where I remember getting seasick, really young but man!... I remember fishing a reef for bottom fish and hooking up with a hammerhead before I lost my two front teeth- awesome !! - fished up here with Da at the shark river - all over all fish possible- flounder fluke blackfish eel weaks snappers ... Got my first doormat from the first ave bulkhead in Avon when they were nice enough to let you fish there! But years before that as well- I was 10...at this age every summer staying at my grandparents that go to the Avon beach every day, I'm in, go to Washington ave with Da every morning at 8:00, he will leave at 2 to get dinner ready, but Gam will come at 12 and stay till 4 or sometimes later- that basically depended on how the fishing was or bodyboarding was. God Bless my grandparents Anthony and Anita. They had a lot to do in making me who I am now .
www.quality1stcompanies.com

Last edited by dfish28; 07-05-2014 at 12:12 AM..