NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Proud of NJF today.... RIP LAB - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Proud of NJF today.... RIP LAB

Nothing funnier than endless pics of monster fluke on the deck on TNT with monger mania and two in the pink and one in the stink.... and pink thongs....lol on the rail...

Great times reading / hearing you guys enter and win fluke tournaments representing njfishing.com

This is by far in my opinion one of the classiest fishing / gaming sites out there.

Tom - Sorry for your loss, really am.... While I dont have the experience, I can identify with the sorrow you must be going through...

My dad always says... dont mourn my life.. I had it good, put a smile on it, and celebrate the rememberance of it...
Old 04-11-2013, 09:26 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

My favorite is the phone calling ending good byes... We would talk, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 45 minutes, but in the end, we would be mid conversation laughing, and he was make a wise ass remark, chuckle, say good bye, and just hang up while i was talking.. Never got old and it would make me laugh my ass off every time we got off the phone with each other!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

From all of the stories I'd heard and read (and the limited banter I had with him) Mike was one hell of a stand up guy, and equally a great fisherman. Before I even spoke to him once, his first comment to me (at my profile photo) was:

"Hey, where'd you pick up the short fish?"

Quite the comedian, that proverbial slab of lead with the heart of gold, I'm sure he's lambasting a few of us up in that great, Tog-filled pond. Peace be upon him, and blessings to his family. Godspeed, LAB.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Setting: Dark parking lot, 3:30am 15degrees in december up pulls a pickup with DMX or Biggie blasting who gets out, a 5 foot,50 year old grey haired white guy & says " yo Philly get my stuff" I am going to miss that so much

I had posted about buying a new fluke rod on here back in like 2010 or so next week me & moe went out on the monger when we docked Mike was there with 2 really nice bucktailing rods of his & said " here ya go kid don't waste your money but i had to give her 1 too so i know they would be used right"

before I had a cell phone whenver the Devils beat the flyers he would call & leave a message on my answering machine then it was a text.

I catch my 12.2 on the monger a little before PUOSU, he is at the dock with the cawfee & before we even are tied up he yells "12lber your odds just went to 1,000:1 you bl*ew ur lo@d way to early kid, thats lack of experience!"

Night ling trip on the k3 way back & I am talking to him about how I feel like I'm f#cking up taking so long to get through college & his response "to long what are you 23, I got holes in my underwear older then you"

Everytime someone new was around he would bring up me being from Philly & say " I spent a year in Philly 1 weekend." somehow it never got old

Like I told VInnie(Sportfishingusa) he woulda given us the shirt off his back but then laughed as either of us tried to fit in it he was a 1 of a kind person & we are all lucky for having been able to call him our friend.

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 04-11-2013, 10:08 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

we were fluking on one of the local head boats on day and lab has this old green glass rod and every time he went to set the hook i would cover up thinking that rod was going to explode.his hook set was one in a million to watch,like tennis and fishing combined.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:10 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Some of my favorite Labisms:

- After meeting my son (same age as his son): " He's too skinny & good-looking to be yours ! "

- " You use your left hand on a spinning reel, why should you switch for a Conventional ? "

- He sold me a NIB Avet SX (lefty of course) for $100. I asked him if he's taking a loss on this, his reply " Never. I got it off of Bates for ~$100 worth of Steak. What I paid is what you paid. "

- His comment on my PUOSU odds was priceless: " The best fisherman in the Hart family is away at college " (my Daughter)

He touched all who ever met him. They broke the mold when they made him. Our loss is Heaven's gain. . . .
Old 04-11-2013, 11:18 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Bobber & LAB on the old TNT
Attachment 57256

LAB & friend
Attachment 57255

NJF Christmas Party 2005
Attachment 57258

The infamous thong photo
Attachment 57259
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lab and friend.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	59939   Click image for larger version

Name:	bobber and lab.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	59940   Click image for larger version

Name:	njfxmas05 004.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	59941   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thong_1.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	59942  
Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Bump to the top - I never knew or met LAB (but was certainly aware of him) and it is wonderful to see how he is being remembered.

These should all be printed and given to his family.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I have been with this site since the beginning, haven't posted much, but always lurking and reading. I had Sand Flea on my old Whaler, Irish Angler on another lost NJFishing.com member Land Shark's boat fluke fishing out of Pt. Pleasant, remember most Irish Angler pushing his biceps up like in the little rascals trying to flex, and Mikes cell phone ringing so much, he didn't get to put his line in the water for too long. The day was slow, as I remember a few skate, but the shit flew, and lots of laughs, Prayers go out to his family, they say he's gone to a better place, but his work wasn't finished here Rest In Peace Michael
Old 04-11-2013, 01:45 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birds Nest
Bobber & LAB on the old TNT
Attachment 57256

LAB & friend
Attachment 57255

NJF Christmas Party 2005
Attachment 57258

The infamous thong photo