NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Sunday at the PP inlet - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Sunday at the PP inlet

Went down to Point Pleasant inlet this morning. First got there and got set up. Tide wasnt moving at all and didnt even a bite for like an hour. Moved all over the place but they did not want to chew! The boat traffic was bad too that didnt help. Once the water started moving it was game on! Killed 9 dozen crabs! Lots of action to start out with smaller fish. Dad hooked into good fish and swung it up. Fat 17 and a half incher. Today we were keeping fish for dinner so in the cooler it went. Wasnt to long after that i get hammered and fight is on. Light rod but i got em to the top and flipped him in. Bam! 19 and a half inches! And weighed out at 4.7 pounds. Put her into the cooler and dropped back down and wacked again. Another 16in fish!! Dad hooks into another good one that measured out at 19 inches that got swim another day! Dad again hooks into a good one and swings it up and its another better sized fish. 18 and a half inches returned to grow bigger. I nail another 16 and half inch fish. Savage bite! Dad fished the jig all day and did great. I fished the jig for a little then just went with the old faithful belmar rig. Jig seemed to produce but i was holding my own with the rig. We pulled 8 fish between us that were keeper size. Kept our limit of 2 and released the rest. Good day fishing besides being cold as hell this morning!

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:40 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Sunday at the PP inlet

Excellent job guys, hope you enjoyed dinner!
Old 10-15-2018, 08:10 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sweet. Nice action. Can't beat that
Old 10-15-2018, 01:41 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice job! Congrats!
Old 10-15-2018, 01:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Great day fishing, met some other fisherman fishing near us. Always enjoyable speaking to others. Only downside is $3.00 an hour parking!!
Old 10-15-2018, 04:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadiShackFishing View Post
Great day fishing, met some other fisherman fishing near us. Always enjoyable speaking to others. Only downside is $3.00 an hour parking!!
Even with buying some crabs for bait, you still got away with some money in your pocket compared to a trip on a party boat.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:53 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Most don't do that good paying for a party boat all day. Congratulations to you both.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Glad to see you ladies practicing to get my crown! Looks fun I may have to try there I never blackfished the wall seems.more .y speed than the jetties

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 10-16-2018, 04:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks for the report!!! I had been fishing my usual spots in the canal catching cookie cutter shorts and having fun with it but after reading your report on the inlet I decided to give it a try... took my girlfriend and we got our two keepers in about 90 minutes with some other shorts mixed in... not the action that you get in the canal but enough to keep her interested on a chilly day. Can’t wait for dinner tonight...
Old 10-16-2018, 07:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice going Criswell's . You guys could catch something in a rain puddle and pretty sure you would try LOL.