NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2014 Fluke Regulations - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:50 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 2014 Fluke Regulations

I was going to start a thread titled "most innovative ways to hide your fluke".

Then I realized most of my friends on here would think I was talking about banging a chick and the responses would just get out of hand !!!!!!

JJ
Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfish View Post
Should do an OPRA, open public records request, to document all the New Jersey fisherman's comments of opposition to regionalization of the Summer Flounder regulations. This would at least make a statement that AMFSC does not represent our considerations. What outcome would you expect when in todays Asbury Park Press stated as follows:
“Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), who has been strongly advocating a change in fishery laws to give his constituents more fish to catch, is evidently also hearing concerns from stakeholders in other states about the problem of overfishing. In a letter sent to the ASMFC on the eve of the decision, Schumer wrote: “I would like to take this opportunity to assure the Commission that I will be a fierce advocate on behalf of all States to make sure that the 2014 experiment with regional management is a success, particularly with respect to any future consequences regarding harvest penalties.”
So Schumer says ““I would like to take this opportunity to assure the Commission that I will be a fierce advocate on behalf of all States”

?????????? Political bullshit! Now this was written before todays decision, but it appears he already knew “regionalization” would be approved. So where is NJ Senator Menendez (D) and Senator Booker (D) representing our interests? ...enough said...lets share, “redistribute the wealth”
How do we get the records of the meeting?
Old 02-05-2014, 09:01 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Fillet at sea, split fillet into halves, buy some ling racks to keep on the boat.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

This sort of stuff is happening more and more. The States are losing there autonomy and the Federal Government gains more power to control things.
Obama Care, No Child Left Behind and now Common Core. You as a State either get in line with the federal mandates or you lose federal funding and your state is left out in the cold.

We all know that the higher up the ladder decisions are made the less likely it is that the will of the people will be served. The bureaucrats in Washington are too far removed and out of touch from all of us. Their decisions are made to serve their own agendas be it party affiliation, ego, money, power, political favor or all the above.

Why can't we the people vote on important matters? It's not like many years ago when time and distance to Washington played a role. We had to elect and send representatives from each state to Washington to represent our interests. We now have the Internet why not let us vote on these matters?

The answer is a simple one...The politicians would loose their power an no one who makes a living in politics is going to have that.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 02-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkyispy View Post
My only question then is WHY? I could ask if they carry clout with their peers, or are there "give and take" items at hand which always exist?..Writing letters vs.standing up for hat's right?......But I will stay with WHY?

AND Russ, I'm a member of RFA NJ, not very naive, sorry, no, I didn't see this coming either (crystal ball?).....never saw the communication to just expect this as the outcome....as a businessman who has a very vested interest in this outcome from a peripheral standpoint, I wish I was told so I could be prepared for the effects it may have....I'm sure many of the charter boat capts would have liked that heads up too....
Mike for the last 2 seasons I said this was going to happen, because I am outside the box looking in. I kept saying they are going to come after you whether you like it or not, and everyone thought I didn't know what I was talking about.

What I can tell you is this, we need to come together on this issues, if we don't we are going to get the royal screwing like you won't believe.

I will bet the next order of business for them is TOG. You guys have a great reef, but you still allow roller gear on them and fish pots, those have to go, and you need to fight hard I mean really hard for it to go, or they will win.

Is it doom and gloom, no this coast wide limit will go on for a few years and then I feel as though if we don't do anything the regulations will get worse.

I am sure some in your state will still say they have more fishermen then NY and simply put that isn't true. Long Island alone has more people living on it than the whole state of NJ.

I still want unity amongst fishermen, not this our state will do what our state wants, because as you saw and I see, your state didn't fair too well.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussA View Post
Long Island alone has more people living on it than the whole state of NJ.
i dont think that is right, may want to check your numbers.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski View Post
This sort of stuff is happening more and more. The States are losing there autonomy and the Federal Government gains more power to control things.
Obama Care, No Child Left Behind and now Common Core. You as a State either get in line with the federal mandates or you lose federal funding and your state is left out in the cold.

We all know that the higher up the ladder decisions are made the less likely it is that the will of the people will be served. The bureaucrats in Washington are too far removed and out of touch from all of us. Their decisions are made to serve their own agendas be it party affiliation, ego, money, power, political favor or all the above.

Why can't we the people vote on important matters? It's not like many years ago when time and distance to Washington played a role. We had to elect and send representatives from each state to Washington to represent our interests. We now have the Internet why not let us vote on these matters?

The answer is a simple one...The politicians would loose their power an no one who makes a living in politics is going to have that.
Gerry people voting for what they want, well I don't want that because there are a lot of stupid people out there...

Yes Obama Voters, Bush Voters, and so on.

Gerry fishermen who fish with rod and reel, need to come together and push back hard.

If you vote on things they will just give you what they want you to vote on, you know like what happened when the knuckleheads in South Jersey were crying over a 1/2 an inch, well they threw away 3 fish for a half an inch, then this year, because they got what they wanted, now they upped it back to 18" and now you lost another fish on top of that.

Yeah please I don't want morons voting anymore because they outnumber people who actually think.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honger View Post
i dont think that is right, may want to check your numbers.
Long Island 7.687 million + the other 3 boroughs and you roughly get 12 million people...

New Jersey 8.865 million (2012)

Now I left out some city boroughs even though there are many fishing boats both private and head boats if I added them in you would be in real trouble.

Last edited by RussA; 02-05-2014 at 08:16 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Banned

Don't forget Queens, but just try and tell someone from Brooklyn or Queens that they live on Long Island.

This is all part of the trend to commodify natural resources that has been ongoing for many decades. For example, The Bureau of Land Management leases million of acres of "public" land to mining and oil interests who proceed to rape, pillage and pollute "our" land then smile at us as they sell "our" natural resources back to us at a large profit. I think this is what's slowly happening here and elsewhere. There are people in the world who only see dollar signs and unfortunately our culture in America idolizes money above all else and so we have the best government money can buy. Such a pity.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy View Post
Don't forget Queens, but just try and tell someone from Brooklyn or Queens that they live on Long Island.

This is all part of the trend to commodify natural resources that has been ongoing for many decades. For example, The Bureau of Land Management leases million of acres of "public" land to mining and oil interests who proceed to rape, pillage and pollute "our" land then smile at us as they sell "our" natural resources back to us at a large profit. I think this is what's slowly happening here and elsewhere. There are people in the world who only see dollar signs and unfortunately our culture in America idolizes money above all else and so we have the best government money can buy. Such a pity.
We have a winner!