NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Most Memorable Fish of 2013????? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 12-29-2013, 01:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Most Memorable Fish of 2013?????

As I sit here with nothing but wishing I was fishing, I thought that this might be an interesting and fun thread...........................................
Doesn't have to be the biggest, it can be the one that got away, or the most exciting or hardest to land, even the nicest looking one! What was yours????

Well since I started it I'll go first, Mine was my personal best Hybrid that I caught on Labor day this year. On a cloudy miserable raining day on Spruce, teaming up with Flatcreek and DRiverRat in Phil's boat. We often fish together and ALWAYS have a great time! We split up and search for the fish and then when one of us finds them we tag team them and it seems to work pretty well for us! Well anyway that day as wet as we were the fish were on the chew big time as both boats had several fish already and we were working an area and all of the sudden the release pops and fish on!!!!! I knew right off the bat this was a good one cause she was smoking the line off my reel! I grabbed the rod and battled this fish for a long time! (SEEMED LIKE FOREVER!) this was one of those that you just keep saying PLEASE LET ME LAND THIS FISH!!!!!! This fish was way out because I run usually 75-80ft feet back and then it made several long blistering runs during the fight!!!! So as she's getting close to the boat she rolls on her side and I loose my mind !!! This was a huge fish, very long and thick!!! Finally as I slid the net under it I screamed for Joy!!! I wish I had better pics of her but it was pouring and I didn't want to ruin my camera! Best one for me ever!!!! Eight pounds and two ounces!!!!!
What was yours???????

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 12-29-2013, 01:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Most Memorable Fish of 2013?????

That striper on 4lb. test by the 2nd 287 crossing on the Raritan river.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	3125
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	66851  
Old 12-29-2013, 01:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Most Memorable Fish of 2013?????

Yea that was an incredible feat that you landed that fish!!! How many times did You Say "PLEASE JUST LET ME LAND THIS FISH!!!!!"????

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 12-29-2013, 03:42 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Dale, I don't know if there was that much whooping and hollering on any other catch you made this year, congrats.
I think the "D" in my handle would've definitely stood for Drowned by the end of that day. We were definitely soggy bottomed, along with everything else.
We'll get together soon, I'm sure
Old 12-29-2013, 05:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Yea that's for sure I guess second most would be the day we fished all day and I didn't have one till the evening and got the DOUBLE to end the day!!!
GOOD TIMES!!!
Got a pair of waterbugz this year too! Now I can run four, two down and two out.
HYBRIDS BEWARE OF THAT BLUE BOAT!!!!!!!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 12-29-2013, 06:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

All in all, 2013 was a very memorable year fishing wise for me. The obvious choices would be:
-Passaic River Walleye
-45" Muskie at night on Hopatcong
-27.5" Hybrid Striper at night from the kayak in the middle of a Hybrid Blitz

My "Best of 2013"...

[/URL

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek

Last edited by Skunk City; 02-27-2014 at 10:26 AM..
Old 12-29-2013, 06:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Holy shit Rob! Nice fish..... my pb are kings on Oswego river. No beasts but nice kings.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:25 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I think the most memorable fish are the ones other people catch when there fishing on the Flatcreek Ferry. One of the best nights was with George (Wilson) seeing him catch his first Hybrid. I owed him that one, good people, great night ,some good fish and some great pictures. There is also Dale, Tommy, Russ, my grandson, my nephew and many more to come I hope. ( lets see them pics again George)

Dale I remember you catching that fish and that day will be etched in my memory for a long time. SOGGY BOTTOM BOYS!!!!!

Last edited by flatcreek; 12-29-2013 at 07:38 PM..
Old 12-29-2013, 08:27 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Mine is my first hybrid ever I will always remember my first hybrid and first time fishing on hopatcong and the second one is my biggest freshwater fish that I caught this weekend second time on round valley! Hybrid was around 15 in and the lake trout 22 in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8ce9.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	66873   Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_img_0062.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	66874  
Old 12-29-2013, 08:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Most memorable for me was my first ever Pike...caught it on Budd Lake..I was fishing with Mitch (iceehot) and we were in the 400th hour of a 500 hour day with no fish between us...I think Mitch actually had caught a smallie but by this time it really felt like we never caught a fish in our lives it had been so long. But persistence and switching baits up (something Mitch taught me by example that day) until we got something finally paid off for me. Got it on a Fire Tiger crank bait in about 5 - 7 feet of water. It was an awesome day for me at that point. Can't wait to do it again in 2014.