NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

The Eyes Of April - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: The Eyes Of April

We Had Them Good Again Last Night,all Released.we Had Allot Of White Perch,crappie,trout And One Good Slim Dart At 23inches.we Fish
The Jig And Bobber Till 7pm And Then Over To The Sticks.gotta Love The Way Those Eyes Smash A Lure 3 Ft From Ya.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:40 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: The Eyes Of April

Sounds like a great time, cant wait to get out there. Got tied up with work yesterday. Want to go tonight but now it looks like we're getting some wind and nasty weather. AHHHHHHHHH!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:49 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

It Was A Little Sporty Up There Last Night And They Were There.i Would Go Tonight If Ya Can Because Its Gonna Drop To Near Freezing On Saturday Night.that Will Probly Slow This A Bit.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Well Im gona hold off on going up tonight. Im sure you guys will get em again if your out there. Jut checked the radar, rains supposed to start around 8 tonight, possibly severe. Ill start getting my Walleye next week sometime. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

No Eddie Your Right On This One.i'll Go Up Tomorrow Night Or Sunday Night.no Sense In Getting Caught In This Storm.maybe We Will Fish
One Night Next Week If Ya Want.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice to hear you guys are doing well up there. Fished a few areas but didn't hit up Brady on wednesday after work.. Can't wait to start laying the smackdown on the 'eyes and hybrids.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 04-22-2013, 11:29 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Do any of you ever keep any walleyes?

You should,.............THE best eating freshwater fish.

And,...........NJF&W can, & will, always stock more.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:41 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Cool Re: The Eyes Of April

I ALWAYS love to hear there is plenty of fish like walleye to go around. Maybe some day F&G will discover a place called the Raritan River and maybe some day it will get some fish below Rt. 206. Just my rant Mark B. A river so healthy striped bass spawn there in the spring and has a decent shad run also, but for some reason always over looked by F&G when it comes to stocking of fish.

Last edited by AndyS; 04-22-2013 at 04:07 PM..
Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
I ALWAYS love to hear there is plenty of fish like walleye to go around. Maybe some day F&G will discover a place called the Raritan River and maybe some day it will get some fish below Rt. 206. Just my rant mark B. A river so healthy striped bass spawn there in the spring and has a decent shad run also, but for some reason always over looked by F&G when it comes to stocking of fish.
I beg to differ.

Below Rt. 206, F&G looked over a lot of fish,.........63,829 that swam up the fish ladder in 11 years.

Now, does anyone keep walleyes?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B.
I beg to differ.

Below Rt. 206, F&G looked over a lot of fish,.........63,829 that swam up the fish ladder in 11 years.

Now, does anyone keep walleyes?
By way of background, years ago I fished Quebec and caught a bunch of 14 -16" (or so) walleye. They were delicious. One of the best eating fish I ever had.

Last year I kept a 7lb walleye and to be honest it didn't taste very good. I don't know if it was the age of the fish, the fact it was from Jersey and not Canada but it wasn't very good. Every other walleye I've caught since then has been released.

Maybe if I get one that is just legal I'll try it again, but anything over 20" will be released.