NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fishfinder/gps combo - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 06-10-2018, 09:22 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Fishfinder/gps combo

Hi guys, looking for a combo Fishfinder / gps unit to replace my older garmin 400c, and older gps unit. Currently 2 separate devices, looking for 1 combo unit. Older 1999 23 hyrdosport wa, more than likely upgrade to a newer boat in 3 yrs, so I don't want to invest too much more into it. Also if a Mobil electronic tech or shop in central nj. Thanks in advance
Old 06-13-2018, 01:19 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Fishfinder/gps combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfedor View Post
Hi guys, looking for a combo Fishfinder / gps unit to replace my older garmin 400c, and older gps unit. Currently 2 separate devices, looking for 1 combo unit. Older 1999 23 hyrdosport wa, more than likely upgrade to a newer boat in 3 yrs, so I don't want to invest too much more into it. Also if a Mobil electronic tech or shop in central nj. Thanks in advance
I have a Raymarine Dragonfly 4 for sale. It comes with the Navionics map chip also. Perfect condition, I upgraded to Simrad electronics. $150.

Depth finder, Chirp DownVision, GPS, split-screen, connect to phone or iPad with mobile app.

Go here to see the capability: http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=11200.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcheesesteak View Post
I have a Raymarine Dragonfly 4 for sale. It comes with the Navionics map chip also. Perfect condition, I upgraded to Simrad electronics. $150.

Depth finder, Chirp DownVision, GPS, split-screen, connect to phone or iPad with mobile app.

Go here to see the capability: http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=11200.
Ty for offer. I'm looking to go with the simrad go 7, I figured have it professional installed, maybe put in a new bus bar, etc. Boat is almost 20 yes old, my luck is I put it in and break 2 other things lol
Old 06-13-2018, 03:36 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfedor View Post
Ty for offer. I'm looking to go with the simrad go 7, I figured have it professional installed, maybe put in a new bus bar, etc. Boat is almost 20 yes old, my luck is I put it in and break 2 other things lol
Nice. I just installed the GO9 with the 4G Radar. Just loving it so far. Everything on a NMEA 2000 bus plug and play, and everything just talks to each other. Have a Suzuki DF300 with the engine interface NMEA 2000 and that shows up on the screen also. Installed a Lowrance Link 8 VHF radio with NMEA 2000 and which has a built-in AIS receiver, so the GO9 displays boat locations on the chartplotter.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcheesesteak View Post
Nice. I just installed the GO9 with the 4G Radar. Just loving it so far. Everything on a NMEA 2000 bus plug and play, and everything just talks to each other. Have a Suzuki DF300 with the engine interface NMEA 2000 and that shows up on the screen also. Installed a Lowrance Link 8 VHF radio with NMEA 2000 and which has a built-in AIS receiver, so the GO9 displays boat locations on the chartplotter.
WOW, sounds great. Who installed for you. I'm having a hard time trying to find a tech
Old 06-14-2018, 10:25 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Did the installation myself.

It was more working pulling the old Raymarine electronics then installing the GO9. (Not referring to the Dragonfly, but the old Raymarine C80 system and all the components.)
Old 06-17-2018, 01:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

nice ill be doing the same this week. pulling my raytheon stuff. have dual 9'' lowrance gen 3's and a 3g radar.... id like to get their vhf unit eventually when i pay all this off.