NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Belize Fishing - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Belize Fishing

I am down in Ambergris Caye Belize for 14 days of fun in the sun with the wife. Fishing, diving, and rain forest stuff. We just returned from a full day of reef fishing and out past the reef. . It was non stop action all day. Mostly red snapper to 18 lbs. a couple dozen horse eye jacks to 15 lbs. and a couple of grouper. What a day. we fillet up 25 pounds that we will bring back home with us this weekend. We also hooked up a couple of wahoo trolling back to the dock. We hope to get another day in on Friday if the wind lets up. Weather - Sunny and 85 every day. I hate to gloat but it was too good not to. Merry Christmas to All and to all a goodnight.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Belize Fishing

sweet
Old 12-24-2014, 02:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Flygaff nice trip. I will be down in Belize at coco plum island in July. What charter service did you use?
Old 12-24-2014, 06:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by arat View Post
Flygaff nice trip. I will be down in Belize at coco plum island in July. What charter service did you use?
I use Qua Pasa Charters in San Pedro Ambergris Caye. He does not go that far down. You are going to a great place. I have been here 27 times and I just can't get enough. I hope you will be diving. it is spectacular. You will be here for the tarpon run. Best place in the world that time of year. The fish will average over 100 lbs. Bring the right gear.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:57 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I do plan on diving, I looked and realized how far north you were. I can't wait. what do I need to get these tarpon? I plan on doing at least one charter (going for my honeymoon) not sure how much real fishing time I will get. But I know that the resort has kayaks that I can fish from around the island. I know I have the gear looking for more lures and what not. don't know how mush access I will have to bait unless I am able to catch it myself. I have to start stoking up on stuff now lol.

And Merry Christmas to everyone
Old 12-25-2014, 06:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by arat View Post
I do plan on diving, I looked and realized how far north you were. I can't wait. what do I need to get these tarpon? I plan on doing at least one charter (going for my honeymoon) not sure how much real fishing time I will get. But I know that the resort has kayaks that I can fish from around the island. I know I have the gear looking for more lures and what not. don't know how mush access I will have to bait unless I am able to catch it myself. I have to start stoking up on stuff now lol.

And Merry Christmas to everyone
For the Tarpon, use a guide. you will be able to walk the island and catch bonefish. fly fishing or spinning gear with small flutter spoons. There are lots of sardines to net if you are good at that. I can't throw one. you are going to a beautiful small island. If you can setup a day of reef fishing. it can be amazing if you hit it right. BIG BIG Tarpon that time of year