NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Prowler5 - Sat., Jan. 21, Wreck Offshore Report - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:02 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Prowler5 - Sat., Jan. 21, Wreck Offshore Report

Hey gang, Capt. Scott here. Me, Marko and Zavier had the boat out today on our special trip with Dustin helping out. He didn't even fish today, he helped the fellows we had on the boat today. I want to thank him very much for that. Hats off to Dustin. I had my special trip from 7:00 to 4:00 today scheduled for 35 customers. I went over that by 5 because I had some regulars at the end that really wanted to get on the trip and didn't know about the special hours. Anyway, here's the report. I didn't want to fish south today, the mud hole, I fished strictly east today. I fished pretty much all wrecks today. Something like five or six drops. The farthest east I got was a little past the Immaculata. Got on one wreck offshore and it seemed like I was going to get the tog going, though we only had two nice keeper tog and a keeper codfish along with some real close ones 14-3/4s along with shorts. Probably could have caught some more fish there, but I had too many people on the boat just to sit on one piece and hope. The ocean was flat calm. Really not good conditions for anchoring, but I was determined to stay on everything today. A couple of wrecks I just kept the engines running, hovering over the wreck. I left from offshore and tried two wrecks that I haven't tried in a real long time, like 15 years ago. Where me and Marko always used to catch the ling, blackfish and cod. The one was the relief and the other one was the pilot wreck. They're still there, but I was very surprised - no life on either. Not even bergall life. Fished one barge way offshore and no life on that - just a few congers. So as you can see, it was a very hard day of fishing for us on the Prowler5. 40 people today, 40 people all in the pool. Dave Brink of Middletown took the pool of $200. Long day, we docked at almost 5:00 pm. We're going to be lighting up tomorrow, Sun. 1/22. The calm before the storm. We will be sailing regular hours, 7:30 to 3:00 tomorrow. I wish I had a better report for you guys because I had some great guys on the boat. And I really wanted to catch them today for these guys. I'm beat, I'll sleep good tonight. I feel like I just got in from an offshore tuna trip. See you all in the morning 5:30 for coffee. Thx. Capt. Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	107212   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	107213   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	107214  
(732) 245-6514
Old 01-21-2017, 09:31 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Prowler5 - Sat., Jan. 21, Wreck Offshore Report

Called yesterday, nobody answered or called back, figured you filled the 28 limit you originally posted. Phew, guess I dodged a bullet there. Nice effort though.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:53 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I called with no call back when the trip was for 22 people. (10:21 Friday morning) I'm glad because I would not have gotten on the boat with that many.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:32 PM
Site Sponsor

Guys to be honest with you, I only decided to do this trip Thurs. morning because I saw the one party boat posted on the first board and it was up there all afternoon and all night. That's why I decided to do the same hours. If it wasn't on the front page all day but only on the second one, I wouldn't even have done the trip. I had around 80 calls, I took 40. And just about every one on the boat thanked me for the great effort and the trip. So that being said, I am going to set up more of these trips in the future and I'll limit them to 35 - 40 customers. Actually, can't wait to do more of them. Thx., Capt. Scott
(732) 245-6514