NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Musky Max Show, Butler Pa - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-06-2014, 10:27 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Musky Max Show, Butler Pa

For those of you that are "musky heads" out there this year a Muskie fishing expo will be held in the Crystal Room of the Days in in Butler PA on Sat March 7 and Sunday March 8 2014. I've been to the "Pittsburgh Musky Show" several times....and loved it. Not a HUGE show but the closest....alot of neat lures, seminars, etc. Somewhat of a long drive from NJ but manageable....now it has been taken over by a new group...renamed...and looks like a fun and informative weekend. Google musky max show for more info....if interested...Capt. dave
Old 01-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Old Soft Salt

Default Re: Musky Max Show, Butler Pa

http://www.muskiemax.com
Old 01-07-2014, 08:38 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I know a good guide on the Allegheny about 25 minutes from Butler. If anyone plans on driving out there and wants a shot at a fat early-spring ski, PM me and I'll send you his info.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:32 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Hey catfish How's the walleye fishing in that river I saw the big one you got in hot shotz is there a good number of walleye there
Old 01-07-2014, 12:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Man I wish this was closer to home. But to make the drive for the show, fishing would also have to be included
Old 01-07-2014, 03:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishon1982 View Post
Hey catfish How's the walleye fishing in that river I saw the big one you got in hot shotz is there a good number of walleye there
Up by where I fished in that video it's a trophy walleye fishery. That fish was 31 inches and probably over 12 pounds and hit a 10-inch musky bait. Red caught it and was the biggest one I've seen with my own two eyes. Butler where Musky Max is is about 2 or 3 hours south of where we fished in that video, but I would assume that walleye fishing is just as good. I'm hopefully going out there to fish for muskies next week, I'll let you know what I find out.
Red's walleye........that's a 10-inch Hughes River Hughey in Black Okoboji Perch hanging out of its mouth.

Gatto I'm with you. I have all the musky lures I need and there's nothing out there to make me a better fisherman. Any trips I make that far will be to do some fishing.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:40 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Yea let me know what you find out about the walleye I would like to get more into fishing rivers for them too