NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2014 Fluke Regulations - Page 10 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Banned

Default Re: 2014 Fluke Regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
My recollection tellls me the numbers used are total landings and fish mortality. In other words; total fish caught at any size and how many of them lived. Not how many went home as keepers.

No way I agree we went over. It just defies simple logic. Most marinas I sailed from, all in NJ, were at best 50% capacity. A cooler than normal spring. And, don't forget all that south wind. The NJ numbers don't add up.
You give me faith in humanity! You actually think and do research. Thank you sir!

Welcome to NY Redux!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

There are some excellent fluke fishermen on this site, I don't remember anyone stating how great the past season was. I fish with some of the best and have for over 50 years, even with the knowledge and experience we have, I can't claim many times when we limited everyone on my boat or on friends boats.

If you check back in my past posts, I would normally add depth, general area and water temps. It is unreasonable to now even believe anything that is posted by _______ _, as his posting show a lack of knowledge of the Jersey Shore,

A parking lot? On a normal weekday if I saw 10 boats between Shark River and Monmouth Beach it was a busy day. I broke down in Shark River and waited 1 1/2 hours for a tow, middle of the day, had 1 that's right 1 boat come in past me.

I went to the meeting and listened, spoke, and came away with the feeling they were going to do whatever they wanted. The meeting was a show so that they can say they listened, and did what the majority wanted, what they did was the only option that did not receive 1 vote is what they did.

By the way Sal, HOW DO YOU REALLY FEEL?
Old 02-06-2014, 06:18 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumster View Post
Buddy what world do live in to disrespect one of the site sponsors or captains on this site because their opinion differs from yours.
I worked in Law Enforcement for 25 years and the system has become more like legalized mafia.It`s corrupt! The fix is in buddy smell the coffee or give me directions to your fantasy world.
The law is not an opinion Mr. law enforcement...you should know that.I guess..maybe not.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

You guys are right. I was just trying to see what kind of replies I would get. I'm gonna kill every ****ing fish I catch. And not only fluke.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:38 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Originally Posted by Fishfish

Well Russ A. I wont argue all of your points and actually agree with you. But that's not what you think. First the NJ quota as set prior, was ours, wealth if you will. For that argument you need to look elsewhere on how and where they were set and why. I will not argue the points you presented on population. Fisherman? I would like to see that quantified. You missed the point regards " political bullshit " I would expect Schumer and Cuomo to fight for the quota for New Yorkers. The political bullshit was his knowing regionalization would be approved prior the decision. And thats inside patronage and pay to play bullshit! So you used my comment to write your reply. Did I say I want to fight with NY? I agree we need to work together to ensure our rights to fish, but it is the Feds who are using the tactic to divide and conquer. If it was your quota being taken away would you be fighting for it?

RussA reply:

I know no one and knew that this was coming because NY unlike NJ hasn't met the *******s up close and personal and never knew how they played the game like we do here in NY.

When I screamed at you guys 2 years ago to not give any fish up, nor give up your size limit, you guys went ahead and threw away 3 fish for a 1/2 an inch.

Never give fish up, ever. That was their game they baited you and you bit.

Our quota was taken away...

NY took it on the chin for the greater good of the fluke stock. Because of NY's tight limits for 13 years you enjoy the fluke fishing we have today.

You in NJ never felt what it's like to throw back fish that were 3 1/2 lbs because they were short at 20.5", no you were yucking it up at 6 fish at 18" while our regs were 2 at 21".

NJ did nothing to help NY throughout the last 13 year, they sat back and reaped the benefits afforded to them by NY and our tight regulations.

I have been trying to plant seeds in your so called RFA and other abbreviated peoples head to work alongside NY's fisherman, and was accused of wanting a NY vs NJ war.

In all honesty you would lose because Schummer and Cuomo Have way more clout where it needs to be than anyone in NJ.

My reply: So RussA, you seem to be the expert on everything. I make my comment as well as everyone on this thread and you choose to attack. In my last post above, in your reply, you failed to address most every thing I said. Instead you would rather rant and rave like "I screamed at you guys" (you do that with every reply) and go on to say "I have been trying to plant seeds in YOUR SO CALLED RFA"...so called? and you go on to insult our representation saying your state has more clout. Our fluking success is because "NY took it on the chin" because....."NJ did nothing to help NY throughout the last 13 year, they sat back and reaped the benefits afforded to them by NY and our tight regulations" Now that is another assumption/ opinion on your part. I maybe found one decent reply on your part and wont continue to go on and on quoting all your replies to others. I did love your getting limits on every trip.....that was priceless! I am sure you do not care, but I find you insulting, sarcastic, derogatory and down right a waste of time in any debate. What makes me laugh the most is your suggesting we work together...yes, but not with you sir! Sorry Gerry and members, but I had to get that off my chest. Where is the flag button?

Last edited by Fishfish; 02-06-2014 at 06:41 PM..
Old 02-06-2014, 06:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussA View Post
Every time I went out I caught my limit plus...I fish on party boats.

Hard to believe..

But anyways.. this bag limit is really gonna put a hurting on everyone..

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.

Last edited by SaltLife1980; 02-06-2014 at 07:02 PM..
Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Just reviewed the comments on this fiasco on the asfmc website. They nicely compile the written comments as well as summarize the meetings.
According to the summary table at the end, far more people opposed option than supported it.
So it looks like the will of the people who actually took the time to write a point of view on the topic (far too few BTW) and/or went to the meetings was completely ignored and politics took over.
For a fishery that had been called rebuilt by managers, I still don't understand why we are cutting back on allowable catch.
Other than striped bass, what fishery that is "managed" is actually better off, post regulations? To me it seems recreational harvest declines shortly after species begin to be regulated.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Joe View Post
and...
Our policy will be the same.
If the State of New Jersey wants management laws enforced by our captains and crew we will be glad to abide for a simple fee of $500. per trip. Crew will abide by filet permit laws, boat will not enforce laws unless paid to do so.
Sorry I am in the fishing business not law enfocement.
Cell phones may be banned.

Capt Joe
I Concur with your words and Oh, by the way, my phone is Always Off or Left In My Car! Dennis
Old 02-06-2014, 07:35 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks for the info Jay. How did they come up with these? Is there any scientific proof to these numbers. If it is not being scientifically proven that species are in danger than why should there be any regulation to protect them? Monitoring Of the Biomass to me Is the only way to check the health of a species. Total catch quantities are nothing more than a excercise in erroneous numbers manipulated on a spreadsheet.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Banned

I hear ya, DENNIS!!!!!!!!