NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet....... - Page 5 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet.......

Low water might not be a concern if the current forecast holds true....I know big IF

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...st?query=07849

Last edited by NJSquatch; 09-28-2015 at 05:27 PM..
Old 09-28-2015, 05:45 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

We need that rain badly. I hope it comes in full force. I've never been a fan of low water conditions, it puts fish off there normal marks. But that's my opinion. Full pool is a great pool.

As for the BIG POND! This draw down, lack of rain seems to be a problem every year but we still manage to get out. I wouldn't be too concerned right now. State park is open for business as always. Does the ramp suck? Yes! Is there only one? Yes! It is a last minute option if we need it. For you Knee Deep members, you can just launch at the Yacht club? Yes?
Old 09-28-2015, 07:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Damn right I will be in my waders if need be... Glad to see some one remembers that!!!!!!! I am sure there will be other NJF'ers willing to lend a hand with the launching as well RIGHT???

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 09-28-2015, 08:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I'll wader up!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:40 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I'll wader up no problem.

Will be easy as pie

Andre
Old 09-29-2015, 12:31 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

you guys are such diamonds...i'll strip down and swim out there, forget waders!
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 09-30-2015, 05:06 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I only recently joined NJF but would like to meet some of you guys in person so I don't feel like such a cyber geek. I also have never fished Hopatcong or caught a Hybrid so that is an added enticement. I am Going to do everything in my power to swing it, but in case no one realized the date is set for Halloween.

All the other guys with small children probably feel my dilemma, these kids (I) go trick or treating practically mid-afternoon, and (II) apparently parents now accompany their children trick or treating. I feel sorry for this overprotected generation, I can't ever remember going out on Halloween before dark and pretty sure by age 6 I was on my own with a pack of friends (and a roll of toilet paper/carton of eggs). Anyway, I digress, bottom line is that I really hope to meet some of you 'Old Salt' members who have always been extremely friendly and supportive when responding to my frequently rambling and always clueless posts. If I can make it I hope someone has some extra room on a boat and can teach me how to go about catching a hybrid.

If there is anyone who plans to leave a bit on the early side that day let me know, as that is probably the only way I will convince the warden to let me fish on Halloween.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:31 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
you guys are such diamonds...i'll strip down and swim out there, forget waders!
Just sound a warning horn first, some things are better not seen!

"Marie's Dream" 1985 21' Trophy
Homeport: Allamuchy, NJ
Old 09-30-2015, 06:47 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by logs22 View Post
I only recently joined NJF but would like to meet some of you guys in person so I don't feel like such a cyber geek. I also have never fished Hopatcong or caught a Hybrid so that is an added enticement. I am Going to do everything in my power to swing it, but in case no one realized the date is set for Halloween.

All the other guys with small children probably feel my dilemma, these kids (I) go trick or treating practically mid-afternoon, and (II) apparently parents now accompany their children trick or treating. I feel sorry for this overprotected generation, I can't ever remember going out on Halloween before dark and pretty sure by age 6 I was on my own with a pack of friends (and a roll of toilet paper/carton of eggs). Anyway, I digress, bottom line is that I really hope to meet some of you 'Old Salt' members who have always been extremely friendly and supportive when responding to my frequently rambling and always clueless posts. If I can make it I hope someone has some extra room on a boat and can teach me how to go about catching a hybrid.

If there is anyone who plans to leave a bit on the early side that day let me know, as that is probably the only way I will convince the warden to let me fish on Halloween.
I will be finishing up early if you'd like to hop on, let me know.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

theres plenty of water to launch right now, we launched the year before with teh 5 foot drawdown almost to the end, so no worries with that. As uglystick said the low water point is only a few inches from where it is now, they wont begin the draw til after mid october, and we can launch no probs at 6.9 feet. The state park is a shallow launch and anyone w decent size boats probably wont be able to get in there, but the small boat guys are welcome to launch at state park and run over to meet us at lees.

hopatcong is a large lake and a draw down does nothing to the fish there, they are in the same spots no matter water levels come fall. this will be deep water jigging and live bait rigging, you wont fish in less than 25ft all day and will be in up to 40ft depending on where they are at. get your blade baits and jigging raps ready, and live bait setups whether they are fishfinder rigs or 3 way rigs, fish are tight to the bottom

I know its halloween and many of us have kids we have to take out, alot of us will be off the water after lunchtime, myself included. Plenty of time to get home and even get a nap in then take the kids halloweeing