NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2014 Smallmouth Contest and Meet and Greet April1st-Nov1st - Page 6 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:39 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 2014 Smallmouth Contest and Meet and Greet April1st-Nov1st

Awsome idea for a contest.

My only question is when measuring the fish…Mouth open or closed? As most of us know it is very easy to make a fish longer by opening its mouth, which is why all pro bass tourneys and all NJ fishery regulations are measured with mouth closed?

I don't really care one way or another, but I just think getting everyone on the same page would be a good idea.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:22 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by acabtp View Post
you shouldn't need a forensic inspection to read the pictures... the problem is that the pictures that NJFishing allows as attachments are way too small for the purposes of this contest

a modern camera or phone would never take a picture that small, so you should upload the original to photobucket, google+, your facebook, or another photo sharing site that will let you post it here larger. to be fair, every inch of that ruler ought to be legible, and you can't read any of the marks on that ruler that are in the sun.
X2 - The pics need to be larger and the ruler markings fully legible in order to count. Also agree that the state regs for how the mouth and tail are held during measurement should be followed.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

All really gr8 points here guys....Just remember this is a fun tourney with prizes donated by fellow nj.com fisherman.....Every option and/or discrepency will be discussed....There are NO cash prizes, lets remember that....If you are a REALLY good cheater , you may win However i don't forsee ppl cheating fer a hoodie...

If the mouth open problem bothers the key coordinaters or donaters it may be disqualified....Its only 8 days into a 7 month tourney, there will be alot more entries....Have fun with it and pls limit the amount of time the fish are out of the water and posing for pics....Fish was outta water maybe ten seconds....wouldn't close his mouth....it is what it is....Have fun and go git em guys
Old 04-08-2014, 10:01 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Best I could get it. The zoomed pic shows nicely on my phone which can be seen at the meet n greet at the end in November. Try to take pics with the mouth shut. If for some reason it does not happen because your trying to get a big fish back in the water and he doesn't cooperate enter the pic anyway it will count.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	felliin5.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	68020  
Old 04-08-2014, 10:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

yeah that's better
here's that pic a little easier to see
Old 04-08-2014, 11:10 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

How do I know that tape measure isnt a rubber band? haha....
Solid 21" on the board! This contest could very likely come down to 1/16's of an inch so try to get the best pic you can of that measurement...
Also, it's a top 3 prize pool so don't overlook getting your dink on the board to set the bar!

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 04-08-2014, 10:02 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Looking forward to entering. Had a couple dinks but didn't have a lighter on me. I am going out tomorrow after work, I'll definitely have the required supplies!

Great idea and awesome on you guys for offering up some prizes. The best prize is the bragging rights!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:13 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCapo View Post
Looking forward to entering. Had a couple dinks but didn't have a lighter on me. I am going out tomorrow after work, I'll definitely have the required supplies!

Great idea and awesome on you guys for offering up some prizes. The best prize is the bragging rights!
I mite head out fer a couple hours today too....No chance of dinks on my end....They cant fit my lures in their smallmouth
Old 04-09-2014, 08:15 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I already hit ur spots littlefishy...dumped 20 doz shinerz in each one...with about 8 doz night crawlers...their gonna be full till sunday...might as just well waite and take me...dont make me call ur wife lol...good luck
Old 04-09-2014, 08:19 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Jcapo...post up the dinks..we have a prize for the funniest picture and smallest fish!