NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Sea Bass Closure - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Sea Bass Closure

That just friggin sucks... I just discovered the joys of Jumbo Sea Bass fishing last year on the Voyager... I am totally into it and now nothing... ughhhhhhh!!! Now what, "Offshore for Jumbo Pout" maybe pick up some ling, pollack and an occasional cod... blah....
Old 09-30-2009, 03:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hopefully my Monger trip on the 17th will be inside 60ft/3miles of water...
What a @#*$&#% load of SH*T!

Thanks JD, now my afternoon is ruined! FACK!
Supporter SSFFF
Founder & President FGGF
Old 09-30-2009, 03:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I was planning on hitting the Atlantic Star for porgies tomorrow, but I may have to switch to the Norma K for sea bass while I still can.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Unreel! The goverment needs to wake up and see all the hurt they r doing! R the commercial guys still able to fish? When r the aholes in charge going to see the rod and reel will never do the damage that the commercials do!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

What do you do if you own a party boat? Going to Florida may be the only answer.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

So I imagine after we kill every blackfish in the ocean this fall, that there will be no April to Nov season and we will be faced with a 2 bag limit for the month they so gratuitously let us fish in the fall. I'm facking taking golf back up. Anyone need any lefty avets, all my sh*t is going on the market. This is unreal!
Supporter SSFFF
Founder & President FGGF
Old 09-30-2009, 04:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarda780
What do you do if you own a party boat? Going to Florida may be the only answer.

but with the sheet going on down there with red snapper and grouper and such closing it is going to be a crap shoot.. i truly feel sorry for all the guys in the industry who rely on this..

what a shame.. this could be one of the biggest closure effects on our local economy to ever happen..

you could close down striped bass, and although most iwll be up in arms it will not hurt as bad as this!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

NJ will be hurt worse than most states, because our blackfish season doesn't really start until Nov 16th. At least most other states will only have to tough it out for a couple of weeks.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs down Re: Sea Bass Closure

The answer to any fish shortage, CUT OUT THE ROD AND REEL GUYS !!

Just like the ICCAT, people in Europe laugh at our bluefin regs while they take them by the metric ton.

Maybe the small yellowfin is another indicator as to what is happening, and the answer to that one will be to shut down the rod and reel guys !

They raped all the cod and haddock and cried to the government for $$$, then went after the herring because it was the only thing left.

I think rod and reel people use better judgement and only take what they can consume, and they do just that, feed thier families. If I had it my way I would let rod and reel guys take whatever they wanted, and I think you would be surprised as a self governing force would take effect and we could have our own voice, but we are shunned by big money and power and left to fend for ourselves and feed off the scaps left behind by the COMMERCIAL SLAUGHTER !!!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

What, this is a SUPRISE! Unless fishermen get active and real soon NOTHING will change. Get OFF the commercial fisherman issue, regardless of right and wrong its NOT the BATTLE. Get OFF the partisan crap too. BOTH parties in office have had ample cracks at listening, siding with recreational fishermen and BOTH have FAILED miserably. This shit has been going on in front of our faces for years now. READ Capt TB Posts AGAIN , READ Leif's recent posts (all 3 of them) and the attachments, get educated.

There NEEDS to be some direct action towards the fact that no one will pay attention to REAL Science which is what the SSFFF and RFA have been preaching for quite some time. We (FISHERMAN) can no longer wait until the regs go into place to speak up and do something. Your VOTE of any politician is the only thing that will get their attention regardless of party but more their stance on FISHING ISSUES

JUST MY OPINION!