NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Proud of NJF today.... RIP LAB - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:35 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Proud of NJF today.... RIP LAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Rod
My last memory of Lab was over the winter months. I needed a bushel last minute and Lab told me to drive down to point and take a bushel he had hanging and leave the money on the boat. He barely knew me. I left the money in a cigarette pack and put a 6 oz bank sinker in the pack so the wind wouldn't blow it away. I still have his text in my phone after he found the cigarette pack. LAB- " Could have left me at least a 10 oz" LOL That was LAB for ya. I never did get to return to him his crab net and rope. RIP Buddy you were one of a kind.
Very touching story, so sorry.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529
TTT:
Met Mike for the first time at the 2008 SSFFF Dinner, we had some discussion over fisheries management (which would continue until this ) and the upcoming fund raiser trip I was running. A month later
we are docking after a successful Striper Charter (sponser) trip at Garden State Marina and who else but Mike is waiting at the Dock. After a quick handshake and saying hello to the dogs and asking him to "turn that crappy music down" I notice the truck has more than a few setups in the back and say "hey you going out late today?"

He says "No stupid, those are for you to pick through and Raffle off on your fund raiser trip" How thoughtful was that for him to A) know I was on that trip and B) Go out of his way to even think about donating gear and delivering it to where I was at.

Have to admit: He also said " wipe that smile off your face, the Captain caught all those fish you just paid for the ride" "dats NOT U catching dats U reeling"

Vintage LAB

Classic LAB story for sure.... You can't make this stuff up and he's one of the very few who could pull it off.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 04-13-2013, 01:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I talked with lab a time or two on this site but never had the pleasure of meeting him. It's awesome seeing the response on here.. From what I heard and read Lab was one of the best..thoughts and prayers to his family and friends