NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Gambler 2 Day Trip - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Gambler 2 Day Trip

Good Job Bobby With Keeping The Boys On The Meat
Old 10-01-2011, 02:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Gambler 2 Day Trip

Let's see so far, last night's dinner of yellowfin tartare and grilled yellowfin steaks with sesame noodles. Today for lunch grilled longfin and jersey tomato sandwiches and tomorrow dinner tuna puttanesca pasta. I am invited to the trip afterparty next year?
Old 10-01-2011, 06:21 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
Glad to see a great report. Bait and wait, gotta love it !!
(anyone try jigging for 2 days ??)
As a whole the boat did not jig that much.....i think only a few Tuna were hooked on jigs....Gamblerkeith hooked into one about 3AM Friday morning on a jig that was nice size! Fought the fish for 15-20 minutes with the help of his dad, Tom.

I did try for a little,,,hooked up but the fish was lost after a few minutes.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Site Sponsor

That was a good trip.

Vivid rainbow on our way off, bode us well.

Thanks to the fishermen who came out with us. Thank you Charlie for getting the ball rolling and the work you did. Thanks for the steak dinner, BC. And thanks for putting the picts up.

Good action the whole trip. Great bunch of guys.

Plenty of room on upcoming trips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bully2.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	41472   Click image for larger version

Name:	buttload.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	41473   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0647.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	41474  
http://www.gamblerfishing.net
captbogan@aol.com
732-295-7569
Old 10-01-2011, 08:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Smile Re: Gambler 2 Day Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by captbogan
That was a good trip.

Vivid rainbow on our way off, bode us well.

Thanks to the fishermen who came out with us. Thank you Charlie for getting the ball rolling and the work you did. Thanks for the steak dinner, BC. And thanks for putting the picts up.

Good action the whole trip. Great bunch of guys.

Plenty of room on upcoming trips.

Great job guys- looks like everyone had fun!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

happpy to see that the trip was a success
i think ill be heading out there this week
awesome job GAMBLER capts and crew
Old 10-01-2011, 09:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Well, I'm starting to feel like myself again after lack of sleep. All I can say is what a first Tuna Trip for me. I ended up with 4 longfin tuna and lots of Mahi-Mahi while pot hopping. I lost a bunch of tuna too, but that's party boat tuna fishing for ya! I had one good size sword on, took a look at him then he sliced through the line. Also hooked up with a short sword and let him loose. The fish is all in the freezer and given to friends and family. (I invested in Food Saver today and boy was it worth it!)

Special thanks to all the guys who helped me out with info about Tuna fishing: Muldune, JDshots, BCinerie and CharlieTuna to name a few. With all your info on tackle, equipment, and technique I was able to land my first tuna.

The Gambler crew was outstanding. I have to admit the Bow your head and Prayer by the Captain before the trip made me a little nervous, but i guess it worked! There were 5 mates on the trip and boy did they work hard. They had a rotating schedule for sleep and while on the deck they worked there butts off and were very helpful with their advice. They also did a great job tagging all the tuna and making sure everyone got exactly what they caught. The Mahi was mostly split evenly by all customers. Special thanks to Keith for helping me and my brother out throughout the trip.

As for a report, i think the other guys nailed it pretty good.The tuna at times were coming in like Bluefish. The anglers worked the rail over and under and we had as little tangles as possible. Everyone was very professional and considerate of others.

Tom worked the galley and it was a pleasure to hang out with him. He also caught his first ever tuna (see picture) Congrats Tom. We ran a tab and paid at the end...everything was delicious.

Overall, this trip was a blast....I am in for next year! I will see the Gambler crew for some Cod this winter!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:31 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice too see you had such a great trip. Don't fish for them but love love eating them. Cook grilled with white and black sesame seeds and not for long. Serve with dipping sause.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Smile Re: Gambler 2 Day Trip

All I can say is , 10 tuna, 1 keeper sword, 8 mahi and 1 tile!!!! Holy crap that is a great trip. Funny thing is I brought a swordfish rod with 200lb leader etc and what do I catch my first sword on??, a 50lb flouro leader and a 6/0 owner hook on a med weight rod who woulda thunk it!!! Nice trip great crew and a great yes great bunch of anglers. i caught 8 of the tuna on the bait and jigged 2 fish and probably could have jigged 10 more but I was wiped out !!! We hooked and caught 12 tuna in 30 minutes with no fish lost , I call that team work at its finest!!!! till next year, I am in , lets set the date asap!!! the 2 day format worked great.

Bc

Last edited by BCinerie; 04-06-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Old 10-02-2011, 12:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

So.......here it is has I recall night one left the dock at noon great ride out got to the Hudson and after a litter looking set up around six had the fish a 35 lb long fin in the boat by 8 and another by 9 then it got quite till we made a move around 1130 had a nice steady 2 to 4 bite from about 2 to 430 bit lost a lot due to there size bigger fish yellows and longs 50 to 80 just when we thought it was going to get hot the sharks took over had another good bite from 830 to about 11but lost some due to having to use very light leaders then we went pot hoping and crushed the mahi did some trolling went back on the hook around five first one in the boat by730 900 all hell broke lose all35-45 lb long fin we were holding six on at on point the current changed a it turned to 1-3 pick about 430 it happened again at point we had 10 on a lot of big yellows left them bitting at seven total count on the tags was 97 thank to every one who made this happen and a very special thanks to capt Bob for letting come along