NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Waders recommendations needed - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-14-2017, 10:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Waders recommendations needed

I just slathered my seams with flex seal as seen on tv...seems to have worked haha
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 11-15-2017, 01:38 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fishin View Post
Can't beat the Cabela's breathable stocking foot waders matched with a nice pair of Simms boots. Cabela's have a lifetime guarantee and the price is right.
unfortunately this is not true anymore. cabelas waders only have a one year warranty. they consider them footwear now, not clothing. i bought a pair several years ago when they did still have lifetime warranty, and after they made the change to one year they refused to honor the warranty that was in effect when i bought them. makes you question the "lifetime warranty" on any of the rest of their gear, since apparently they can always just stop honoring it.

Last edited by acabtp; 11-15-2017 at 01:58 AM..
Old 11-15-2017, 12:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by acabtp View Post
unfortunately this is not true anymore. cabelas waders only have a one year warranty. they consider them footwear now, not clothing. i bought a pair several years ago when they did still have lifetime warranty, and after they made the change to one year they refused to honor the warranty that was in effect when i bought them. makes you question the "lifetime warranty" on any of the rest of their gear, since apparently they can always just stop honoring it.
i would've let them hear some nasty stuff after that wow! shimmano stopped their rod lifetime warranties a while back but still honor any that were bought during the time period. I've already used them twice! No questions asked it just cost me whatever it was to ship it to them, had a brand new one in a week or so.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 11-16-2017, 11:23 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT67 View Post
have the hardest time pinpointing the leak so no
In the past I have put dish detergent on the seams, then used my air compressor to blow from the inside out. You see a nice bubble where the leak is.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:17 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

A lot of companies have did away with lifetime guarantees. They are going with
pro rated. Turned in a Loomis and they asked for make and model , received
a brand new replacement with $100 credit off the price. I paid balance. Not
a total loss but not a free replacement.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks for everyones input. Decided to got stocking foot (LL bean) and Simms Headwaters Pro boots. Got the waders at 25% off and picked up the Simms boots on Ebay heavily discounted. Decided to spend some more $$ and see if it makes a difference. Can't wait to give em a try! Maybe I can get an invite from JDTrout one day to fish his honey holes
Old 12-18-2017, 09:26 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT67 View Post
Thanks for everyones input. Decided to got stocking foot (LL bean) and Simms Headwaters Pro boots. Got the waders at 25% off and picked up the Simms boots on Ebay heavily discounted. Decided to spend some more $$ and see if it makes a difference. Can't wait to give em a try! Maybe I can get an invite from JDTrout one day to fish his honey holes
Can't go wrong with LL Bean. They still honor their lifetime warranty. It's not only a breakage or damage warranty. If you are ever "unsatisfied" they will replace it. You pay a little more but it's nice to know that they stand behind what they sell.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:39 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I had a pair of LL Bean wading boots for about 10 years. Loved them but the sole finally fell apart. Called Bean and basically was told they were well past warranty so I would wonder about their waders being "lifetime" vs. what they deem as useful life. Actually I wasn't sore about it cause really why should something like waders or wading boots carry anything more than a warranty for manufacturers defects. They are terminal wear that gets used, abused, and wears out. At some point you should expect to have to replace them. That's the way it goes. Plus why should Bean be on the hook to replace negligently used or abused gear. Same goes for the rod companies, always thought the lifetime warranty business model was faulty.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I am a fishing guide and use Caddis Systems guide series waders. Many makes are very high priced......with the activity I do I wear through them in a year or so just from walking/wading....back and forth in crotch area.

Caddis Systems waders are reasonably priced and they also have decent shoes you can match up to the booties if you get the type without boots attached.

Have the "Guide Series" and love them. Hope this helps.

Capt. Dave
Live to Fish Guide Service
Old 12-22-2017, 11:31 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drossi View Post
I had a pair of LL Bean wading boots for about 10 years. Loved them but the sole finally fell apart. Called Bean and basically was told they were well past warranty so I would wonder about their waders being "lifetime" vs. what they deem as useful life. Actually I wasn't sore about it cause really why should something like waders or wading boots carry anything more than a warranty for manufacturers defects. They are terminal wear that gets used, abused, and wears out. At some point you should expect to have to replace them. That's the way it goes. Plus why should Bean be on the hook to replace negligently used or abused gear. Same goes for the rod companies, always thought the lifetime warranty business model was faulty.
yeah I actually had a very candid conversation with one the reps at Bean and basically they want you to be satisfied with their items and they will replace if you are not ,but to think they should replace something like a boot or wader after 10 years is wishful thinking