NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2014 Fluke Regulations - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Banned

Default Re: 2014 Fluke Regulations

we should all move to here

http://southkorea.angloinfo.com/life...isure/fishing/
Old 02-04-2014, 10:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Wow.. Wtf happened..

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

ENOUGH SAID......

"For the rich there is therapy for the rest of us there is fishing"

"A bad day of fishing turns into a good day of drinking" ����
Old 02-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Site Sponsor

The powers that be just nailed the lid down on our industry and past time tighter. I see no light at the end of the tunnel. I was talking to Capt. Sal Cursi the other day, I think he feels the same way. My disappointment knows no bounds.
(609) 870- 4592
Old 02-04-2014, 11:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Half the season was a bust due to sandy and they say we still overfished our quota. It's the biggest bullshit story. I'm a scientist, and if I conducted my science and reporting like these fishery scientists and lawmakers I would be selling ice cream. I said it numerous times before, if it doesn't change, in 15 years there will be no recreational fishing for no other reason other than f/u science, greed, and politic bs. It a terrible shame and should be considered criminal. I just don't know what to do anymore. Yes, I am a member of all the rec support groups. The OPRA request should be made by the RFA. Btw. I really hate the Monday-morning quarterbacks who state we should have seen this coming. Wtf are you talking about? I was expecting an increase in the quota bc there was no way we took our share this summer. And about the winter flounder fishing allocation that doesn't do crap. The only reason they threw us that bone was so the commercial catch increase could be justified. Sorry to say that the rfa never informed me of any of this. Wtf is going on?

Last edited by laketrout; 02-04-2014 at 11:33 PM..
Old 02-04-2014, 11:35 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Someone asked where Senator Booker and Senator Mendendez were on this. Senator Menendez and Congressmen Pallone wrote a letter supporting New Jersey's postiton and we should be thankful for their support. Unfortunately our side did not prevail.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler Paul View Post
Someone asked where Senator Booker and Senator Mendendez were on this. Senator Menendez and Congressmen Pallone wrote a letter supporting New Jersey's postiton and we should be thankful for their support. Unfortunately our side did not prevail.

My only question then is WHY? I could ask if they carry clout with their peers, or are there "give and take" items at hand which always exist?..Writing letters vs.standing up for hat's right?......But I will stay with WHY?

AND Russ, I'm a member of RFA NJ, not very naive, sorry, no, I didn't see this coming either (crystal ball?).....never saw the communication to just expect this as the outcome....as a businessman who has a very vested interest in this outcome from a peripheral standpoint, I wish I was told so I could be prepared for the effects it may have....I'm sure many of the charter boat capts would have liked that heads up too....
Supporter and Member of RFA/NJ
IGFA Member
www.sharkbite-bucktails.com

Last edited by Sharkyispy; 02-04-2014 at 11:54 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 05:50 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

This is bad for Northern NJ but even worse for South Jersey/Delaware Bay area.

The government cuts back the catch, the fish population goes up, we catch more fish, government says we take too many, and cuts back more, the fish population goes up more and we catch more, government says we caught to many and cuts us back more.

I think I see a trend here.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Site Sponsor

If you heard the meeting yesterday you heard a guy with any agenda and just did not want to hear anything else. The guy running the meeting just pushed this through and did not take Public comment into it. He did not even let the state reps talk to each other. This was a prime example of politics in play and money talked. I would hope that NJ elected officials see this and looking in to what just happened yesterday. People are no longer going to play by the rules and I do not blame them.

RFA-NJ Member www.rfanj.org
SSFFF Contributer
Old 02-05-2014, 08:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

If you get caught with 7 fish in your cooler the fine and court costs for 3 over limit totals $136 at the most. Big deal.