NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Bass Pro Shops coming to The Point in Sayreville - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 01-23-2013, 03:46 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Bass Pro Shops coming to The Point in Sayreville

SAYREVILLE, NJ--O’Neill Properties Group has announced that Bass Pro Shops, America’s premier outdoor retailer serving over 110 million customers per year, has signed a letter of intent for a 200,000-sf retail store at The Point, one of the largest new mixed use developments in the United States.
The Point, located just 30 miles from Manhattan and minutes away from Staten Island in Sayreville, NJ, will center around a 3 million-sf fortress mall and entertainment district encompassing luxury retail, waterfront and recreation destinations, along with 2,000 high-end residential units (ranging from 3,000-sf waterfront brownstones to 1,800-square-foot two-story townhomes), 650,000 sf of office space, high end hotels and two luxury marinas.
The planned Bass Pro Shops location at The Point will be the size of five football fields with expansive aquariums, waterfalls and museum quality fish and wildlife dioramas onsite along with a huge selection of outdoor gear.

HOFNOD Fishing Instructor, k2jwk@optimum.net
Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Bass Pro Shops coming to The Point in Sayreville

This project has been on again/off again for a while. Too much red tape and from what I heard there was a paint factory and lead factory on the site years ago. The land is probably toxic. Rather use the local shops anyway for several reasons.

Last edited by aduma1107; 01-23-2013 at 10:09 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Shop local
Buy Local
Our sponsor's need the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptypockets10
Shop local
Buy Local
Our sponsor's need the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
I hear where your coming from, but for those of us, including myself who do not live close to any of the Sponsor baitshops, if you need something it's convenient. I try my best to buy from our Sponsors when I can. I live in Central NJ, in Colonia Exit 135 on the Parkway. To get on the Parkway to head down to AH Exit 117 or PP Exit 98, for some tackle, by the time I get there I'm already in $20-25 in gas and tolls. I don't about you, but I don't have it like that...... just saying.

"For the rich there is therapy for the rest of us there is fishing"

"A bad day of fishing turns into a good day of drinking" ����
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
I hear where your coming from, but for those of us, including myself who do not live close to any of the Sponsor baitshops, if you need something it's convenient. I try my best to buy from our Sponsors when I can. I live in Central NJ, in Colonia Exit 135 on the Parkway. To get on the Parkway to head down to AH Exit 117 or PP Exit 98, for some tackle, by the time I get there I'm already in $20-25 in gas and tolls. I don't about you, but I don't have it like that...... just saying.
AGREE...
Old 01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Definetly understand where you're coming from, all though I'm sure a call to or the internet the local shops they would be glad to mail what you need including poles. I do see the pros of developing the area if it goes through. But if the Mom and Pops go away because of say a Bass Pro, is Bass Pro going to be there at 4:30 AM - 6:00 AM to get fresh bait? Local shops also have the knowledge of the local waters, party boats/charters custom rigs etc, most of the local owners fish the same waters we do. Don't get me wrong I do browse through the big boys, but perfer to go local.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Their web site says it is going to be in A.C. thats a ride for me.

I marched 3/21/2012
No Facebook No Twitter No Text
Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

They have been saying that for years now.. Believe it when i see it

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Just got Basspro catalog in the mail and it listed AC and Sayerville as new stores. I buy local whenever possible and bait will always be necessary. I wonder how many rods and reels are sold locally and what percentage of the local shops business is in tackle.I doubt that many local shops can afford to floorplan every rod that St. Croix,G.Loomis, or 10 other companies make. I would love the opportunity to check out all the tackle out there that these catalog stores offer. Certainly these big stores like Walmart, Sams Club, Home Depot have put a lot of small shops out of business but they also employ hundreds of people--not such a bad thing in this economy. The good thing about living in the United States is that we still have the freedom to shop where we want to--big or small.

HOFNOD Fishing Instructor, k2jwk@optimum.net
Old 01-24-2013, 11:34 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I buy all my stuff from the legendary tackle shop in Ship Bottom. Been a customer for over forty years. They ship the items to me unless I am down there.

Mom, I love you so much and I will never stop missing you.