NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

RFA-NJ 4th Annual Fluke / Seabass Fish A Thon Trip - Page 16 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:49 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: RFA-NJ 4th Annual Fluke / Seabass Fish A Thon Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529
We cant THANK you guys enough for the continued and solid support of RFA-NJ. There is no other group of fishermen I could think of spending THAT kind of day with than the crew assembled on this trip. It seems no matter what is tried, either the weather, fishing or boat gods never seem to align for us on the day of the trip but yet somehow these trips are always a success in my mind due to YOU. Lots of fun , laughs, some fish caught (actually more than I thought when the cleaning station got going) and if nothing else some great "Karma" with who won the raffle prizes.

The positive:
Some nice fish were caught and congrats to Mikey on the Pool, Lefty with a couple of nice keepers, Tropics and Fin Reaper with some quality fish. Fishing with Vinnie, Shrimpman, Lefty, Johnny T, Billy, Gerry and Joe Z, Jimmy Madman, Mikey Topaz, Jimmy Live Bait etc around the back of the boat was worth the price of adnmission alone.
Hey and FRAN broke his northern waters PB "Fluke" Cherry with some keepers, (thats right Fran caught keepers).

Also great hanging with Long time supporters Kurtis B and brother Mark, Larry Hartattack, Sam the one and ONLY Sinkerman, Mark (Quanman) and great meeting OasisTony S, Big CC Fishteacher and the other new faces. As stated we couldnt have asked for a better crew.

The other stuff:
As Vinnie stated we had strong crew of known pullers who deserved a better chance to show their stuff. I am sorry you didnt get that chance.
I will say that it appeared to be a tough day all around for most of the fleet out there and it was one of those days where I guess you either had to:
A) Stick with the "short" life and hope for the occasional "big" Inshore game.
B) Commit to the "deep water" 60-75 feet plan and take what was available and accept the conditions.
C) I learned its possible that having a Plan B isnt always the best choice. Either there was a lack of communication on my part or a lack of commitment to what I thought was the game plan but that will be handled "Off" the board and in private with the Captain.
D) I will no longer be picking the date or the boat for the trips

Again THANKS to all of YOU. After the work that goes into these trips it always seems worth it after spending the day on the water with you guys even if the fishing doesnt always co operate.

If we decide to run another trip this year I hope you all will stick with us and return once more for another shot at the fish. Good luck to all of you for the rest of the season.
D) I will no longer be picking the date or the boat for the trips

Again THANKS to all of YOU. After the work that goes into these trips it always seems worth it after spending the day on the water with you guys even if the fishing doesnt always co operate.

If we decide to run another trip this year I hope you all will stick with us and return once more for another shot at the fish. Good luck to all of you for the rest of the season.

Dave you are one of the main gears DON'T give in. I will be on as many of these trips as I can. I thank you for all you do.

I marched 3/21/2012
No Facebook No Twitter No Text
Old 07-30-2012, 11:01 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks Dale & Fran that was a great trip. Seems like everyone on the boat had a great time (other than fishing).
Was nice to meet some fisherman on this board, Gerry, Joe, Steve, Ron, Vinnie, John and of curse Mike T and Sam (thanks for the sinkers).
Looking forward to fishing with everyone again in the future.
Tony S
Old 07-30-2012, 11:30 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Talking Re: RFA-NJ 4th Annual Fluke / Seabass Fish A Thon Trip

It's been said many times, but thanks to Dales and Fran. I didn't take home any keepers or any of the raffle prizes (thought I might be due after putting a "goose egg" in the cooler ), and probably donated half of my bucktail collection to the rocks, but still had a great time nonetheless.

Got to meet Gerry, his brother Joe, Fran and many of the other faces behind the names on this website... nice to fish with guys like Dales and Larry again... and I don't think I've ever had a bad time fishing with Lefty or his crew on board!

These trips are never short on laughs -- throw in a couple of beers, a good cause and good company -- and I'm in for the next trip.

Bill
Old 07-30-2012, 11:35 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

few pics..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RFA2.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	51465   Click image for larger version

Name:	RFA.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	51466  
Supporter SSFFF
Founder & President FGGF
Old 07-30-2012, 01:42 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks Dave and Capt. Fran for doing what you do for all of us. The trips that I've been on have always been a great time and the cause makes it that much better.

Despite fishing under the boat all day I did manage 3 keepers, a few shorts, two short c-bass, and a robin.

Thank you Lefty for the invite but I'm calling Mick Razz to administer the punch in the nose.

Sam is not just a sinker man he catches fish too! Thanks for clearing the shorties out Sam!!

" The Lake Louise Launcher "
Now Known As
Superscupman
Old 07-30-2012, 04:40 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks Dave & Fran for setting up a great trip. It was nice to meet Dave, Fran, Larry, Tropics & I had the pleasure of fishing between my brother Kurtis & Fran all day. Larry seeing that mako was really cool! Seems like everyone in our section of the boat had at least 2 in the cooler. Fought something really big on a really lite rod for about 5 minutes till he broke my leader, probably a blue or ray?
Great food, Great raffles, Great people, Great cause, Great times, I'm in on the next one for sure.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I hope Doug is going to be ok!

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:27 AM
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up Re: RFA-NJ 4th Annual Fluke / Seabass Fish A Thon Trip

Thanks for the support...... I had a great time landed two keeper fluke and one slammer blue. First RFA-NJ trip I had a keeper. I can't complain LOL. Great meeting everyone and for the coolers that my fish went in I hope you enjoyed the fish.

Thanks again for making it a great day.

RFA-NJ Member www.rfanj.org
SSFFF Contributer
Old 08-06-2012, 10:05 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Sorry I couldn't make this one. Sounds like it was a good day for a good cause. Fran and Dales keep up the good work. Don't ever give up. We have a lot of battles ahead of us.