NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Nwe Blackfish and Sea Bass Regulations Imminent - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Nwe Blackfish and Sea Bass Regulations Imminent

This is the tenth time they say they are going to change things for the better.. I will believe it when i see it..

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTCHA1224
your math is fcked up
OH yes, Capt Adam is the one with problems understanding

I can't even imagine what Capt Adam(and others) have to go through in fighting for the cause and then he has turn around and hear garbage from the people he's fighting for...

I'm not speaking for Capt Adam but sometimes he probably reads posts and think ....

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very(fishing ) freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way
Old 04-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleyankfan

I can't even imagine what Capt Adam(and others) have to go through in fighting for the cause and then he has turn around and hear garbage from the people he's fighting for...

I'm not speaking for Capt Adam but sometimes he probably reads posts and think ....

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very(fishing ) freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way
I just want the truth (even if I can't handle it).
Old 04-19-2012, 03:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

LMAO!!! Exactly!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I did not know that they used an average. So why don't they make the bag limit 5 or 10 fish. Do you really need 25 fish per person? I realize that is the way they figure the tonage, but if they lowered the bag limit, that would lower the average. Simple math. If the average is lowered, than maybe they would extend the season and give the party boats their winter fishery back. Give and take.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:21 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Islander, Please read Capt. TB's post on page 1 of this thread. Reducing the bag limit to 10 would do nothing. Going to 5 fish would allow us to have a longer season but there are a lot of people who would not want to pay all the money just to keep 5 sea bass especially on those long range trips.
We are still hopeful that we will be able to have a January and February season in 2013 but no definite determination has been made on that at this point.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:21 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I did read the post. Give and take
Old 04-20-2012, 08:26 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander II
I did not know that they used an average.
How else, logically(or as scientifically possible) can it be done? Give each individual angler a number of fish he/she can catch? They don't just give a random number of fish to keep. Have hope that "the number givers" are 1) trying their best to find a solution for the fishery and 2) they are using the best data possible.

We have seen that number 2, at times, inaccurate but they seem to adjust.

Have faith in the guys fighting the cause....
Old 04-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander II
I did read the post. Give and take
But the problem with lowering the bag is for the first year at least you will still get 0% savings. if the current CPUE is below ten then only dropping below ten will give you any savings, period. If you wish to lower the CPUE over time then you can certainly do what you suggest, but that will still not have any effect on the current year. Therefore, you get 0% savings by cutting the bag limit in half or more.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleyankfan

Thank you Adam and tony

Short, sweet, and to the point.