NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Time to get those UV jigs ready!!! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 05-14-2014, 04:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Time to get those UV jigs ready!!!

Shark Gypsy
Grouper are UV junkies! I have several guys from Florida and Texas that use it down there so you should see a welcoming reception to your jigs in that area. I used a few boats as test boats too.... since we don't have that fishery up our way. Again.... it's gonna make a difference and the shops that take it on will be repeat buyers I'm sure. For some reason, seems that the snowy grouper respond to UV jigs and only UV for a few boats down there. We had a few members here get them using UV Spanko's.

That's good...Fleetwood Mac sings a song about a Gypsy, I SPY. a day later and a dollar short I guess..LOL....

Had great reception and reaction from the Snowys, Scamps, Gags and Reds, was truly interesting to watch how they produced. Even the Red snapper clobbered them, I mean as soon as they hit bottom, Time after Time ( But that was Cyndy Lauper Maybe the FLA sun baked my brain as my excuse. LMAO ) although unfair, some of those had rattles too Had some really good action reported on blank, unpainted ebay jigs I picked up and also dipped in UV. So UV seems to be the ticket on almost ANY jig...
Supporter and Member of RFA/NJ
IGFA Member
www.sharkbite-bucktails.com

Last edited by Sharkyispy; 05-14-2014 at 05:17 PM..
Old 05-15-2014, 05:15 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer4reel View Post
Thats why I made 100 UV bucktails to try.

will try for myself to see which way the chips fall.

One thing I will say about Pure fishing is thier responses to questions asked are usually very quickly recieved, and backed with information to show their reasoning.

And if something works they are going to make.

And as far as the SIDE BY SIDE. you tell me when

Looking forward to seeing the end results of your testing as well. I'm sure you will see some great results on your jigs too.
IGFA Member
Old 05-15-2014, 05:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hammer- let me know when you're ready to do some drops. Have some ready for the field...playing with the paint effects to design a more life like fish look vs. solid coloring across the jigs as most fish have patterns and lines throughout...match the hatch seems to be working very well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FLA UV Jigs 2.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	69210  
IGFA Member
Old 06-13-2014, 06:32 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Holy crap........ whoever was offended that I looked at a screen name the wrong way needs to lighten up.

Sharkispy..... Sharkgpsy..... my bad I guess. I had to come clean and say that my mistake on a screen name was 100% error. Now that I see the screen name.... I can tell you I will do it again probably, because I am just not the " I Spy " type I Guess.

Trust me..... if I have something to say... you all know I am going to just say it!!! As I have in the past!!! I never intended to play baby games. Sh*t like this is exactly why I don't bother with these forums anymore. They are all quickly becoming a waste of money & time.

I was told that I offended so many of you, by posting a screen name wrong, while engaging in an actual conversation about fishing, with no negative comments in it at all. If so..... my bad. I have been reading his screen name as Sharkgypsy for years now..... but c'mon..... lighten up! What the hell is a Shark Gypsy anyway??? You guys need to get real problems if I really offended "tons of you!! "

To the minority that read the thread as normal conversation, you were right in doing so. Thats all it was.......
Old 06-13-2014, 06:31 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyCoast View Post
Holy crap........ whoever was offended that I looked at a screen name the wrong way needs to lighten up.

Sharkispy..... Sharkgpsy..... my bad I guess. I had to come clean and say that my mistake on a screen name was 100% error. Now that I see the screen name.... I can tell you I will do it again probably, because I am just not the " I Spy " type I Guess.

Trust me..... if I have something to say... you all know I am going to just say it!!! As I have in the past!!! I never intended to play baby games. Sh*t like this is exactly why I don't bother with these forums anymore. They are all quickly becoming a waste of money & time.

I was told that I offended so many of you, by posting a screen name wrong, while engaging in an actual conversation about fishing, with no negative comments in it at all. If so..... my bad. I have been reading his screen name as Sharkgypsy for years now..... but c'mon..... lighten up! What the hell is a Shark Gypsy anyway??? You guys need to get real problems if I really offended "tons of you!! "

To the minority that read the thread as normal conversation, you were right in doing so. Thats all it was.......

Did you finally get that UV paint in yet? I emailed you about 6 times so far...anything yet?
Old 06-13-2014, 08:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

All these talks about uv paint got me interested. So I got some uv paint and put them on bucktails made from Sam's jigs.
The second pic is under UV light. Looks pretty good in person, but didn't come out too well in pics. Will put them to use and report back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0613141956.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	70923   Click image for larger version

Name:	0613141957.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	70924