NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fort Myers Advice Needed - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:36 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Fort Myers Advice Needed

I did a half day party boat trip out of Ft. Myers couple years ago.Target was bottom fish,mostly action with grunts and a few grouper.The issue with a half day boat is they will run an hour plus to get to there first stop,then every move after that will take bout 45mins to get set up again.This leaves a limited time to fish.Also as soon as dolphin (Flipper) shows up your going to move again.Consider if you can a full day trip.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

http://getawaymarina.com Ft Meyers Beach good family head boat.
NRA Certified Range Safty Officer
Charolette Harbor,Floria
The ReelErIn
Come fish the flats
19' Key West 130 ETech
email: BillEnglehardt@yahoo.com
Old 03-26-2015, 07:42 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I fish in Venice with a charter called Best Catch Charters. He is new a good kid. He is at the Crows nest Marina . As far as back bay I stay at Tween waters they have a few good Capt. That run out of there. Have fun
Old 03-26-2015, 07:45 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabby View Post
if you are looking for a family trip you got to go on hickory bay charters. captain mike is the nicest guy i ever fished with, he has a 30' pontoon boat very comfortable , i have always come back with a meal, which you can have cooked at the marinas restaurant .....239- 947-3851 ... you can tell him warren gave you his name
Thanks, spoke with him today...he is booked solid except 1 day which I cannot make. Thanks for the info. Working on the next recommendation.

BTW, he was happy when I said I was bringing my kids.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:04 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

You can always check with your capt. Joe Miller or Ellen Miller, they have some inshore guides they will recomend. Joe is your offshore grouper, snapper, AJ, etc. offshore guy!! You will have a great time!!!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I went last year in March. Unfortunately I didn't charter or hop on a party boat. I just did some land fishing from piers and along the mangroves. The snapper fishing is a blast, and I got some nice sheepshead as well.

One piece of advice you should absolutely follow. I got absolutely destroyed by "noseeums". A tiny biting insect that looks like a small gnat. When they bite, it kinda stings, but besides that no other side effects. Until the DAY LATER. jesus christ. I had dime sized red, itchy circles all over my body. It looked like I had some kind of Pox. I highly recommend you invest in a great insect repellant and use it religiously.

Sanibel Island is absolutely infested with them as well. And these bites don't disappear for weeks. Insane. On a side note, my one friend had 0 reaction to them. But most of us died. Im hoping you're one of the lucky immune ones.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:04 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I always recommend Tenacity Guide Service. Captain Bo was on the Scott Miller Challenge recently for goliath grouper. They take families with small children out all the time. First mate Deidra is quite a sight too, haha!! If and when I ever get down there, I will be fishing with them! They seem to fish for whatever the customer wants and will fish multiple species in one day, even sharks for the kids!

Last edited by chrislars; 03-27-2015 at 04:07 PM..