NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Water Temp for Fluke - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips Share your tips on fishing here.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:19 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Water Temp for Fluke

What do you guys think the optimal water temp is for fluke? I was out Saturday in Raritan Bay and the water temp was 58 deg in most places I fished.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Water Temp for Fluke

I googled it and they are saying 63-65. Idk if they are right. Maybe some will chime in who knows

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

those R optium temps like any other species they R caught in a variety of temps. Ive caught years back in the middle of winter inn 200ft of water & up notrth in 50 degree water.They may bite best in those temps but its really the bottom temp that counts, & many other factors when ocean fishing, I wouldnt hang my hat on that !
Old 06-02-2016, 06:37 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Complicating the matter is that if you are fishing the Back Bays this time of year, you could have as much as an 8 degree difference between the Surface temperature and the temperature on the Bottom.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:48 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Talking Re: Water Temp for Fluke

up here in southern nova scotia, canada i tend to see the flounder show up when the temp is 50f. at the moment the temp is 42f and most of the flounder are off in deeper water. by the first of may they should start showing up on the coast and get ready for spawning season. the early flounder are very fat and full of eggs.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:56 PM
NJFishing.com Member

the water temp is 49 and I figured it is time to check out the flounder to see if they have arrived into the coastal areas yet and they have started. today I caught 3 fish, 2 at 16" and one at 14" and they are nice and fat with lots of eggs in them. waiting for a few more weeks I will be able to catch my limit of 10 fish per day with ease. southern nova scotia is the place to fish for flounder with no problems from the dept of fisheries as I have never seen them while fishing.