NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fishermans Rally; Wash DC March 21, 2012 - Page 8 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Banned

Default Re: Fishermans Rally; Wash DC March 21, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Pedro
Three Hours will be enough . All it takes is a spark to set this thing off . The more sparks the bigger the flame . I was raised to stand up for what I believe in and to help my Friends when they are in need . To see a way of life die and just watch is a travesty . Vdub , what do you propose to do since you feel that our effort won't do shit ?

Way more important issues going on in our county, then being able to fish.................... think about it..

Last edited by VdubFishinJC; 02-06-2012 at 12:23 PM..
Old 02-06-2012, 01:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by VdubFishinJC
Way more important issues going on in our county, then being able to fish.................... think about it..
I have thought about it and Working to support our Family's is Priority One . Unemplyment is one of the issues .If the Boats don't run then more Good Men and Women are unemployed . The whole Coastal Community suffers From the Hotels to the 7-11's meaning even more unemployment . I guess that you are not for Traditions or Family Business's . Are you willing to let the whole Fishing Industry go under ? Genersations of Fishermen have left our Ports to harvest the Oceans Bounty Both Sports and Commercial . Family Operated Business's passed on from Father to Son . I'm not ready to see the last of the Watermen .
Old 02-06-2012, 07:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Pedro
I have thought about it and Working to support our Family's is Priority One . Unemplyment is one of the issues .If the Boats don't run then more Good Men and Women are unemployed . The whole Coastal Community suffers From the Hotels to the 7-11's meaning even more unemployment . I guess that you are not for Traditions or Family Business's . Are you willing to let the whole Fishing Industry go under ? Genersations of Fishermen have left our Ports to harvest the Oceans Bounty Both Sports and Commercial . Family Operated Business's passed on from Father to Son . I'm not ready to see the last of the Watermen .
Well said my friend.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:58 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

If it is a quiet day on the hill then you may see Frank, Schumer and Pallone come out and appease us. They will promise us the world but deliver nothing.

If both branches are debating changes to spending limits, the national debt, payroll tax or unemployment payments then we will be left outside to discuss the upcoming flounder season, lol.

I will be there but I am not expecting anything positive to come out of it. Maybe I am burnt out.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Rich Pfish , You are willing to try . It will be an Honor to stand with you . We may be tired , We may be old ,but We Sure As Hell Are Not Laying Down ! Don't forget if they succeed they will be coming after you Freshwater Fishermen , Hunters , and Gun Owners . They will Devide and Conquer .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25678_1241106113246_1397110457_30583406_4599975_n.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	45390  

Last edited by Ol Pedro; 02-07-2012 at 09:19 AM..
Old 02-13-2012, 08:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

if only 10% of the salt water fisherman would take the day and show up for this , The buzz that it would create in Washington would be one remembered for years, but just as bad is if guys are not willing to stand up for the lifestyle they enjoy, it will just allow those in power to due as they see fit without a care about what you want

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club
Old 02-14-2012, 09:33 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Dan, as I said before, I will be there but I do not expect that one million of us would make a difference. It is an election year with many issues standing before congress. The rights of fishermen or the economic impact will mean little to the powers that be.

Hopefully I am wrong and that is why I will stand with my fellow anglers on the 21st. I refuse to give up the fight.

I worked in the industry and have been unemployed for 2 years so that is why I am so negative on the whole issue.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:10 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Re: Fishermans Rally; Wash DC March 21, 2012

Any word on a bus out of Atlantic Highlands?

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)
Old 02-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelron
Any word on a bus out of Atlantic Highlands?
Working on it. Have a meeting tonight and once I know how many buses we can sponsor (make FREE) I will know what locations they will depart from. After that we can set up "for-hire" buses like last rally.

My meeting is tonight so details will be out by tomorrow evening or Friday morning at the latest.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Site Sponsor

Thought for the Day

“All that’s necessary
for the forces of evil to win in the world
is for enough good men to do nothing.”

~ Edmund Burke
(1729-1797)

RFA-NJ Member www.rfanj.org
SSFFF Contributer