NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Splitrock Yak Trip! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-06-2018, 07:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Splitrock Yak Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lyons View Post
How was the launch?
The launch dock was great! the walk down the steep, gravel, pothole filled, no handrail, broken steps trail on the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
I believe you, congrats on the pb.

Guess it was on the Ned rig as always :P
I'm always throwing the deadly nedly, especially on new water

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebadger View Post
ah welcome to one of my home waters. i grew up fishing that place glad to hear you got into some fish as well.. the bass can surprise you there the crappies are big also. did you paddle all the way back to the narrows at the north end? the perch are big back there and that is were all the friggin slime darts live too. cool photos of the res.. hope you get a chance to get back for the ice season . p.s. glad to see you wearing a pfd way to go...
I didn't explore the majority of the lake to be honest, i paddled straight across the lake from the launch and then made my way back along the shoreline towards the dam. Needed to leave some of the water for another day! Always have the pfd on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Congrats on the PB SMB from SR !!

You know me I have to ask all the usual questions from the ROCK.
Was it crowded ?
Was the parking lot clean ?
How was the water quality ?
Thank you sir! When i showed up at 8:20 the parking lot was about 1/3 of the way full, at capacity and then some when i left. Couldn't tell from the water though! I was only within 50 ft of 2 people all day. The lot was clean for the most part! I didn't notice any trash. And the water quality was pretty good! I could probably see 10-15 feet below me and when fishing along that shoreline thats really all you need. I saw 2 or 3 monster largemouth cruising.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

And thank everyone else for the kind words! We gotta do a meet up soon, I've never been to one and I'd love to!
Old 08-14-2018, 12:00 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Fished the reservoir five or six years ago, catching only one very small bass. It was interesting reading your account. As a result, I may try Splitrock again.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

i fished split rock yesterday. 1st time in a few years. got there late around 930, the lot was full, only a couple spots. it was clean. I hate the new launch docks, only because its so easy now for old people to paddle around lol. the water was really high and murky. only 1 small bass. will be back in the fall on a non weekend.