NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

3/21 Fishermans Ralley Report - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 3/21 Fishermans Ralley Report

K UDOS TO EVERYONE THAT SHOWED UP .... INCLUDING THE SPY DRESSED UP AS A MERMAID ...
Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Unhappy Re: 3/21 Fishermans Ralley Report

Just really feeling down about the whole situation.

While on the bus to DC, I received a text from a friend that I fish with quite a bit, "Good luck at your rally." Sent one back, "Not my rally, OUR rally, unless you have quit fishing and didn't tell me." That kind of sums up the apathy I sense when it comes to many attending these rallies or even the meetings in Toms River.

Still very concerned about the lack of support from most Major industry manufacturers. Are they concerned that if they show support the government will impose higher tariffs on the products they import? If they are not concerned what do they know that we don't?

As for the politicians, I felt that some were just mouthing the same speech they gave 2 years ago. Others did seem like they really care. They tell us we need to push their fellow Senators and Representatives to get on board. Hey you know what, this is why I voted for you to represent me, not the other way around! I feel like the system has turned upside down. At what point do we say "If you can't get the job done , we can't support you in your bid for reelection?" I think this is one point we should make clear to all of them especially the ones running for their first term. But do they really care? How many terms do you have to serve before you can leave with a pension & a nice health plan for you and your family?

Winter Flounder season opens tomorrow, hope all enjoy fishing for those two fish we are allowed to keep.

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)
Old 03-22-2012, 08:39 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyro
K UDOS TO EVERYONE THAT SHOWED UP .... INCLUDING THE SPY DRESSED UP AS A MERMAID ...
Those 2 Gals accomplished what they wanted !!

Now why would anyone take a pic with those 2 gals

PS don't be surprised when they photoshop that pic and post it on there site !

Last edited by Art Berkman; 03-22-2012 at 09:04 AM..
Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Pete wake up !!!

Can't wait to see your reply
Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelron
Just really feeling down about the whole situation.

While on the bus to DC, I received a text from a friend that I fish with quite a bit, "Good luck at your rally." Sent one back, "Not my rally, OUR rally, unless you have quit fishing and didn't tell me." That kind of sums up the apathy I sense when it comes to many attending these rallies or even the meetings in Toms River.

Still very concerned about the lack of support from most Major industry manufacturers. Are they concerned that if they show support the government will impose higher tariffs on the products they import? If they are not concerned what do they know that we don't?

As for the politicians, I felt that some were just mouthing the same speech they gave 2 years ago. Others did seem like they really care. They tell us we need to push their fellow Senators and Representatives to get on board. Hey you know what, this is why I voted for you to represent me, not the other way around! I feel like the system has turned upside down. At what point do we say "If you can't get the job done , we can't support you in your bid for reelection?" I think this is one point we should make clear to all of them especially the ones running for their first term. But do they really care? How many terms do you have to serve before you can leave with a pension & a nice health plan for you and your family?

Winter Flounder season opens tomorrow, hope all enjoy fishing for those two fish we are allowed to keep.
I understand your concern, but as relates to the congressmen and women you have to realize that even if every single one of them is 100% behind us they still cannot actually do anything on their own.

There are 435 members of the House and 100 members of the senate.

Both houses must vote and pass any legislation, and the couple guys from NJ cannot do that on their own. If you took every coastal state's congressmen and senators you could not pass a bill without additional state reps/senators.

That is the way our system works and that is why continually gaining support is the only way to get legislation passed.

That was the whole point of the second rally. The first one was to get the legislation going, which it did and then some. The second rally was to garner more support to help get the legislation passed. We certainly gained more supporters (read: sponsors of the bills) but it does not end there.

Until we can get a MAJORITY of congress to support us we go nowhere. It starts at home with your U.S. congressman/woman and our U.S. senators from NJ, but then it must grow from there.

Don't tell the ones supporting us you won't support them if they "can't get it done," tell the ones that WERE NOT EVEN THERE like Cong. Chris Smith and Rush Holt and Sen. Menendez and Sen. Lautenjerk that we won't vote for them unless they DO support us.

Kinda tough for NJ to ask other states to support them when you do not even have a majority of your own reps supporting you!

Go to www.keepfishermenfishing.com and check out the bills (MSA Amendments link) right there is all the information you need, including an up to date list of sponsors of each and every bill.
Don't see your reps name on the list? Call their asses up and tell them support the bill or lose my vote.

Last edited by CaptTB; 03-22-2012 at 09:00 AM..
Old 03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I like a lot of other participants was disappointed in the attrndendance by our peers! However having attended both my saving grace was the fact that there were many more congressmen on the stage!
After TB explained toward end of program this was a positive sign I have to agree!
This lackluster attendance by our local fisherman, charter guys & the like does not sit well with me but as a tackle rep ,a person that makes a living off this business I'm personally compelled to do my part!
It was a good day & wish to thank all the guys on the AH bus & Pete from AH bait & tackle for feeding me!
Were getting there!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:29 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Don't tell the ones supporting us you won't support them if they "can't get it done," tell the ones that WERE NOT EVEN THERE like Cong. Chris Smith and Rush Holt and Sen. Menendez and Sen. Lautenjerk that we won't vote for them unless they DO support us.

Kinda tough for NJ to ask other states to support them when you do not even have a majority of your own reps supporting you!

Go to www.keepfishermenfishing.com and check out the bills (MSA Amendments link) right there is all the information you need, including an up to date list of sponsors of each and every bill.
Don't see your reps name on the list? Call their asses up and tell them support the bill or lose my vote.

THat should be a 1 page no reply sticky here, as that is definetly the best thing that can be said about the whole situation

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club
Old 03-22-2012, 12:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

For around 266.5 million you can donate 500k to everyone house and senate member. Seems only way anything will get done is with money greasing pockets. Crooked state, crooked country. Maybe work on chris Christie. May e he can put a foot forward,
Old 03-22-2012, 01:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfishingusa
For around 266.5 million you can donate 500k to everyone house and senate member. Seems only way anything will get done is with money greasing pockets. Crooked state, crooked country. Maybe work on chris Christie. May e he can put a foot forward,
Sportie , enough talking . What are you going to do beside sitting on the sidelines and making your comments ?
Old 03-22-2012, 01:45 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Pedro
Sportie , enough talking . What are you going to do beside sitting on the sidelines and making your comments ?

Well ol pedro, it seems that by sitting on the sidelines and making my comments is getting just about as much done as closing down business and taking a 4 hour ride to washington.. I can sit here and send emails threatening each member of congress, house, and my local reps about my vote, but frankly, they dont give a hoot, it is they either care or they dont, there is no in between my friend.

I dont want to see shut downs, i dont want to see the industry hurt, i have a ton of friends in the industry, but unfortunately there is really nothing that this rally is doing. The areas are still being closed, the west coast still took a beating, florida still lost grouper and reds and it is just on and on and on.. The government is more powerful than every single fisherman in the world, and unless they are on our side from the start, my thoughts are we continue to pee pee in the 50kt winds!!!!

like i said, i will send emails and i sign petitions as needed, but i see no need to go listen to a bunch of politically driven POS talk on a stage that want nothing but to see their numbers increase in the national or local level poll numbers. Unfortunately, thats all they are doing.

Everyone is entitiled to their opions on this situation, i stress mine a lot because im sick of the bullshit about all these guys giving me crap about not going, not being helpful, how your not a good person if you dont do your part... Well sorry to say, whoever went and did their so=called "part" did nothing but take a vacation day, close down shop, and walk around in washington HOPING FOR CHANGE.. People hoped for change with obama, all you got was a damn waste of time and downward spiral of the country.

I hope things can start to go in favor one day, but i also have my reservations on "bad science" so ill keep that to myself as well.