NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Most Memorable Fish of 2013????? - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Most Memorable Fish of 2013?????

Mine was a wild tiger trout I nabbed on the North Branch. Only my second one ever, and the first one I was able to photograph. They are gorgeous fish!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 221r.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	66875  
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube
Old 12-29-2013, 10:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

my 30lb carp for sure. Was the first day I ever fished for carp and with the help of saxmatt it was one hell of a success!

Next best would be my first Passaic pike, also the first I caught on a lure. I had been skunked the first 4-5 times I tried on the Passaic and finally got one this fall. I was happy as hell

Old 12-29-2013, 10:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I gotta go with this whole scene while fishing with Skunk, Barry and Eddie

I was tossing a small swim shad and hooked a perch around 6". While reeling it in something swipes, misses, then comes back and mauls the perch. Somehow i pinned both fish on the one hook. I'll never forget it.

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216

Last edited by ScowardNJ; 12-29-2013 at 10:57 PM..
Old 12-30-2013, 05:56 AM
Old Soft Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatcreek
I think the most memorable fish are the ones other people catch when there fishing on the Flatcreek Ferry. One of the best nights was with George (Wilson) seeing him catch his first Hybrid. I owed him that one, good people, great night ,some good fish and some great pictures. There is also Dale, Tommy, Russ, my grandson, my nephew and many more to come I hope. ( lets see them pics again George)

Dale I remember you catching that fish and that day will be etched in my memory for a long time. SOGGY BOTTOM BOYS!!!!!
I am flattered that of all your fishing trips you remembered ours.
Can't wait for the invite on the new Flatcreek Ferry.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 AM
iceehot6766

Thanks Ken for those nice words...I appreciate it alot and it makes me feel good to hear nice things...You guys all look like you had a decent year, and that is awesome....Alot of good guys on here..I fished w/ a few of you this past two seasons and look forward to doing it again with more of you next year!!!..........I'm looking forward to an even better year in 2014.....While these are not my best and biggest of this past year, here's a few I like and this will have to do........Wishing everyone a Very happy New Years 2014....And a SAFE one...be careful guys!!!

Last edited by iceehot6766; 12-30-2013 at 09:00 AM..
Old 12-30-2013, 09:32 AM
iceehot6766

Here's a pic of Ken's(KCritch) Pike...A true beauty!!!.....Perfect colors on a healthy fish!!...And would you look at his smile!!!....And one last memorable catch as well.....You all know what it is!!!!!.....LOL

Last edited by iceehot6766; 12-30-2013 at 10:48 AM..
Old 12-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Site Sponsor

Most memorible trip this year was i was upstate ny steelheadin,im down in my hole i got my 9wt sage fly rod swingin sucker spawn sack flys for steelies an browns, im casting and casting and casting and ba aaaamm ! Fish on! Ripped line off the reel boltin all over the place im thinkin steelie all sudden i see gold thinkin to myself no way! Sure enough its a brown! Im turning the fish outta the current in the pool coasting it into the bank soon as fish runs outta water where it turns on its side i watch the fly come slingshotting outta its mouth screaminggg nooooooooooooooo!!!!! I run up with my c and r glove and grab it by its tail whewwwwwww as stands now thats my pb brown 10 lbs 3oz 28 1/2 inches long ill never forget that fish lol
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 12-30-2013, 11:44 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

All great fish and great stories guys, keep 'em coming.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 12-30-2013, 01:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Great catches all! Here's mine.........

First is my pb Pike. Great fish, better story, lol. Drove up to the shed for a day of bassin with my brother. Get to the lake only to realize that by rushing to leave, I forgot a very important piece of equipment, my trolling motor BATTERY!!! Shot home, grabbed the battery and hit the river instead.

Then, fished past a down tree with no hits and kept moving. My brother hooks up with a decent pike, and in the process of CPR, we floated back down to the same tree. One more cast and CHOMP!!! Fought like a champ including a couple nice jumps. Funny thing is, I think I hooked up with him again later in the season and he got the better of me that time with a big head shake that sent the lure flying back at me!! I'll be lookin for him again sometime in 2014..........

Next was my "unofficial" start to the 2013 season. Wasn't the first fish I caught, but the first good one that really kicked it off......

Last edited by NorthJerzyG; 01-05-2014 at 07:58 PM..
Old 12-30-2013, 04:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Most Memorable Fish of 2013?????

Great fish, pics and stories fellas!!! I read em all and love every post and pic on this great site. I've had alot of memorable moments this year myself, but will only post this now. The RARITAN RIVER STRIPER, 25LBS 13OZS, 38-39 INCHES!!! This was a thrill to catch in the current of the Raritan!!! Talk about adrenaline!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!